News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

When are the next major train shows?

Started by ksivils, November 23, 2007, 06:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksivils

I am pretty excited about the impending arrival of the 4-4-0 but an still holding out hope for two items - a Heisler and a steel box car.

Does anyone know of the next major train shows where Bachmann might make their next major product announcement?

I know the new policy is to only announce new products when arrival is within a few months.

Thanks!

Jonathan MacCormack

ksivils:

Type in ...."Train Shows"....into the Yahoo search line for full details of upcoming shows. Full details available.

J

Hamish K

On past experience probably the new York Toy Fair (February will be the venue for the next announcements - the Bach Man may confirm this.

I would not expect a new loco for ON30 to be announced until late next summer, i.e. about a year sfter the 4-4-0 annoucement. Generally there has been one new ON30 loco a year which has arrived just before Christma, under the new policy therefore a late summer/fall announcement.

There was one new ON30 rolling stock item this year, the pulpwood cars. These turned up in summer without prior announcement. An annpuncement in spring would have fitted the arrival time. Thus I would not expect brand new ON30 items to be announced until some time after the Toy Fair - although there  could be some new liveries etc. announced at the Toy Fair. Of course this is all speculation based on past patterns - surprises are always possible!

Hamish