News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-8-0 help

Started by RGW, June 27, 2016, 10:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGW

I did it again I was working on a project  spectrum 2-8-0 and I thought the draw-bar pegs on the engine looked bent in,so I thought I will just stick my exato knife in between and straiten them   and you guessed it one snapped off.  I have done this before and hard wired the tender to the engine.  However has anybody else done this and is there a better way to fix this?

I know I could disassemble it and replace the frame(I do have a spare parts 2-8-0 ) this seem like more work than just wiring them togather.

Mike C

I've hard wired mine too when I changed the decoder .  But the draw bar form a Lt Mtn. will work , it's the same as the 2-8-0 .

RGW

I fixed this engine. I removed the cab/boiler and ran wires to the same spot as the motors connection soldered it and ran the wire out the back with plenty of extra length to be tucked in the tender. I test ran with out the tender shell and with wire sticking out and it runs good.

What broke on my engine is the frame peg below the cab.   When the liquid tape dries I will put it back together

Mike C

I read that ...really ! ...LOL   and then answered the wrong question ......   Anyway probably a piece of plastic shaped and fitted to the half of the peg that's left would probably work . At least the draw bar would connect without falling off .

RGW

It still has one peg for the draw bar,so I am good until that one breaks.

RGW

Got  the 2-8-0 running and put back together. Runs great with no stalling
Heres a video. I plan on just adding a little weathering to show the detail better. I am going for the recent repaint look with just a little road grime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0htS0aBk8Cc