News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Help

Started by ignavi, June 30, 2016, 04:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ignavi

I have 2 Locos Bachmann Item N°60812 H0 GP30 Diesel Loco DCC equipped.

My question is: the lights (leds), forward and reverse, are in a low intensity, they are
working with less than 1.2V, how can I give it more voltage ?

Thanks

Flare

Perhaps they aren't getting enough power.  Are you using a large layout with a single power feed?

Or perhaps too many locos/lighted cars?

Which controller are you using?

Len

If the lights are LED's, giving them more voltage could make "bad things" happen.

Since the loco is DCC equiped, did you check the lighting CV to see if they've been set for dim operation?

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

jward

I concur with len. leds are not like light bulbs. you cannot increase their brightness by increasing voltage to them. small changes in voltage can cause massive increases in current through the device, and probably destroy it.

wondering about the less than 1.2v comment as well. you can't go too much less than 1.2v or the led will shut itself down. 1.2v is a typical threshold voltage, that is the voltage needed for the led to light.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

ignavi

I have a  Digitrax DCS 50 Zephir.

The white leds works between 2.8/3.1V, I have less than 1,2V.

The voltage in the layout is ok, other locos are working good and have good light

I try to change  the CV, but I cant do it. Some body knows how to do this change ?

Thanks

Len

CV51 and CV52 control the lights on Bachmann decoders. Various values for these CV's can be found near the bottom of the sheet here: http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/images/44913_Decoder_IS.pdf

Check your Zephyr manual for specific instructions on how to change these CV's.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

brokenrail

So you can increase the voltage to the led's by adjusting the cv's  as the instructions say . Mr Ward may need to look over the literature before saying voltage cannot be adjusted when the cv's involved do this.It is the only a single function decoder with one adjustment for this function and also this function can be moved from function 1 to others.So there are 2 tweeks  ;D
Johnny