News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2016 NMRA Train show

Started by Thomasfan39, July 07, 2016, 04:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomasfan39

Is anyone going to the NMRA train show tomorrow? If anyone is, please post photos.

Thomasfan39

At the NMRA show they said Rosie is shipping in December and is priced at $119. The sodor salt wagon is $31. The cattle wagon is $28. The troublesome truck #5 is $31. The live lobster refrigerated wagon is $35. Rheneas is shipping in March 2017 and the slate wagons are shipping in Febuary 2017.

donaldthescottishtwin

And Oliver is not included for some reason.

Thomasfan39

That's what I said I'm a little annoyed that there is no news on him.

Captain Crutch

That's odd seeing as Rosie was just announced a few months ago yet we've know about Oliver for over a year now. I wish we would get more info on him. But in secret I was kinda excited for Rosie a little, so it's good to here about her pricing. Hey who knows, maybe we'll see Oliver later, the show hasn't ended so you never know. But if anyone knows for sure and is not just using a site that is guessing themselves, when is Oliver going to be released? Sorry just curious. Also I'm new to the fourm. So hello everyone.
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Is Bachmann actually serious right now? No news whatsoever on Oliver, like at all? This is really disheartening, and as unlikely as it is part of me thinks maybe he's just been cancelled... :(
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Thomasfan39

Quote from: HLC Railroad on July 08, 2016, 09:57:56 AM
That's odd seeing as Rosie was just announced a few months ago yet we've know about Oliver for over a year now. I wish we would get more info on him. But in secret I was kinda excited for Rosie a little, so it's good to here about her pricing. Hey who knows, maybe we'll see Oliver later, the show hasn't ended so you never know. But if anyone knows for sure and is not just using a site that is guessing themselves, when is Oliver going to be released? Sorry just curious. Also I'm new to the fourm. So hello everyone.

This was on the forum posted by Yardmaster and is in the general discussion board.

Captain Crutch

Well like I said, show's not over, they could always wait until the last second so more people get excited and buy it. A lot of companies have been using that tactic lately and since Oliver is really anticipated that might be what they're doing. He could be coming sooner that we thought.

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

looking at the brochure, it even looks like they might be planning to release Oliver in a matter of days. why else would he be omitted without even a mention? I mean, Toad's release came as a shock to us all. Perhaps they are doing the same thing here.
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

donaldthescottishtwin

If there was any news on him it would have been included in the announcement brochure, we may just see a prototype on display and that's it. They are not going to release him without annoucing shipping dates.

Captain Crutch

Quote from: donaldthescottishtwin on July 08, 2016, 10:16:22 AM
If there was any news on him it would have been included in the announcement brochure, we may just see a prototype on display and that's it. They are not going to release him without annoucing shipping dates.

They just threw toad at us with no notice, and you know, waiting until the last second is a business tactic. Don't give up hope yet.

Thomasfan39

Are the new rolling stock in stock now looking at the brochure?

Chaz

Very disappointed with what's in the NMRA brochure this year, I was hoping that Rheneas and the slate wagons would have been out a lot earlier like December, but instead the HO stuff will be out first, which I figured it would be the other way around considering Bachmann's track record.  

The new HO stock looks okay for the most part, but all of them aren't anything to write home with.  Troublesome Truck #5 is the only decent piece of rolling stock I am personally interested in, the rest as I mentioned in another thread I have no interest in.  So at least there is that to look forward to, even though I really was hoping for the other way around.

Curious as to why Oliver or Winston is not in there, hopefully this implies that they will be out sooner, and that they are currently on display at the NMRA.  
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

BassTbone

Rosie is getting released before the locomotives announced LAST year?

I am more upset about Rheneas and the NG rolling stock.  Very disappointing and very unfortunate. 

Honestly, it feels like everything but what I was interested in is getting released.   ::)

Cheeky_ULP

Maybe they can't decide if Oliver should be model or CGI based. :P