News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New 3 Truck Shay-Where is the Decoder?

Started by Sandblaster, July 15, 2016, 03:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandblaster

Trying to set address etc on new 3 truck shay. Pull top of rear tender and there is no decoder. By everything I have seen the decoder is suppose to be the the big rear tender. Only a speaker and 2 big weights.

What gives, where is the decoder and how came this is not according to publish information???

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Sandblaster,

The three Truck Shay does not come with a decoder.  It does come with a DCC ready socket for a decoder.  Below I have listed part of the published information of the features of the 3 truck shay:

"• DCC ready with factory-installed 8-pin socket for DCC decoder installation of your choice"

As it says in the catalog you must choose and install your own decoder.

Loco Bill

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

StanAmes

Quote from: Sandblaster on July 15, 2016, 03:38:50 PM
Trying to set address etc on new 3 truck shay. Pull top of rear tender and there is no decoder. By everything I have seen the decoder is suppose to be the the big rear tender. Only a speaker and 2 big weights.

What gives, where is the decoder and how came this is not according to publish information???

If the 3 truck shay is factory decoder equipped it will be in the small coal bin behind the cab

Stan

Sandblaster

Thanks Stan. Found it. Now to get it to accept programing. Refuse to show up on the computer using Decoder Pro. Not sure what the problem is.

Sandblaster

Had to order the booster from Soundtraxx to get the decoder to program. Booster works well. Did not need a booster on the other sound cards I have, but you do with Soundtraxx.