News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

What's Under the Tree

Started by Beatle (TrainBrain), November 25, 2007, 09:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beatle (TrainBrain)

Well, Thanksgiving's passed and the holiday season is here again. Time to get a tree, or get one out, if it's fake.

So, what's evryone putting under the tree this year (train wise ;)...bad joke)? I'll probably set up 3 tracks, 2 HO, 1 Lionel.

Internet All-Beatles radio: http://beatlesarama.com
All you need is love and trains
Ringo Starr: 6/28/08
SC&NY Status: Drawing board, but getting closer!
-Chris

duker1

:'(  Lots and lots of coal. No trains....just coal.

The Duke....

Conrail Quality

Nothing exiting here: I'll probably put up my E60CF(short, single-cab version) with some freight cars. It's the only small locomotive I have that is in working order right now (the rest being retired, worked on, or cannabalized).
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

kevin2083

I'm runnin' all the G scale I have- a Bachmann 4-6-0 with 1 freight car and a caboose. It was the north pole and southern set, but I repainted it -several times.
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

Paul W.

Once we put up our trees, there will be a large scale set under our large living room tree. There will be several flatcars with presents, tree's (and the Grinch of course), and don't forget the gondola of coal!
Under our table top tree we do a Christmas garden with a N guage train running as a "garden RR".
Then we have a very small tree with moving ornaments underneath, as well as Polar Express items there as well.
Plus one of the trees has nothing but train ornaments from Hallmark on it.

Yes, we really get into the holidays, our relatives call our house "The North Pole", and Santa's workshop.
Happy Steamin'

Paul

PRRThomas11

I have a 4 foot tree in my bedroom on a small round table. I have my N scale trains running around it. Little tree, little trains ;D

Hopefully this year I can get the Bachmann Cristmas set.

-PRR ;)
PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World" 

taz-of-boyds

Probably the Bachmann G ten wheeler and passenger cars, a little freight.  I have noticed some of the Christmas village figurines are about the right scale and I have a collection of them too.  And the four wheel streetcar, got a really good deal at Sam's a couple years ago.

Charles

mikec069

Although our 100% genuine artificial tree is in the process of being assembled NOTHING is going under the tree.  Not for lack of train stuff to put there, and not for lack of spirit. But for the cat. 

Hmmm

... and the cat was hung by the chimmney with care in the hopes that Saint Bachmann soon will be there.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!!!

Kevin Strong

I'll have our old LGB 0-6-2T with a string of passenger cars in tow. Nothing fancy, but it has the distinct advantage of being somewhat indestructible; a needed trait in the hands of a 2-year-old.

Later,

K

westsidelumber12

G scale 2-6-0, its a crappy set though (it made by scientific toys.)
Santa Fe ALL The Way

Its true....

CAB_IV

Quote from: Conrail Quality on November 25, 2007, 10:45:08 AM
Nothing exiting here: I'll probably put up my E60CF(short, single-cab version) with some freight cars. It's the only small locomotive I have that is in working order right now (the rest being retired, worked on, or cannabalized).

is that the bachmann one, of the American GK? I'm trying to get my E60s rolling, but my decoders are giving me problems. I'll probably run my AEM7s with my Conrail U23B and GP40-2.

I also have a BLI GG1 and Lionel Challenger i like to run, on top of an O-27 lionel set.

tommy4u2

Hi
After being told I have a severe case of  Ankylosing Spondylitis two years ago and then this year falling down a set of stairs that resulted in compression fractures to the 8th and 12th Vertebra and nerve damage to top it off, I will be happy with just being able to have a  tree and maybe with a little luck some good friends to come and visit me during the holidays.
  But the good news is that maybe santa will bring me some train goodies and I will feel strong enough to get into the train room and put down some track.

Tom
My Daddy told me along time ago if you cant say something nice to  someone don't say anything at all

hobo

Wow it's that time of year again. 

I will running two large scale trians this year.  My new LGB 2-4-0 starter set on a 4' diameter circle and my Bachmann Wonderland 4-6-0 on a 5' diameter circle.

And as my 5 year old has pointed out, there is no room for presents.  Unless its a large scale train.

Happy Holidays everyone!

SteamGene

We will put up a Thomas Kinkaid with augmentation somewhere and display the Studio(?)55 buildings with the train.  It has three passenger cars, a Gramps tanker, and a low side gondola.  The combine carries presents and the gon carries candy.  I've suggested the Scrooge Coal Company hopper for this year, but got THE STARE for my pains.  I'd like one of the micro-brwery reefers, but  - oh, well.   8)
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Dusten Barefoot

I got me a On30 2-6-0 OR&W running under my tree right now, I have placed a little yard and some ceramic Christmass houses beside. Looks great to me. ;D
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten