CGI Bachmann ho scale fuel and milk tankers

Started by JLK2707, September 12, 2016, 01:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLK2707

How many of you think that Bachmann should update the HO scale tidmouth milk tankers and sodor fuel tankers to look like the large scale ones?

Also, has anybody here updated their own ones?

Chaz

I think when it comes to updated products, more people are interested in seeing the improved paint scheme for James. Hopefully they can pull it off next year.

I'm honestly surprised how long it has been since we last had a CGI revision, though I would rather see Bachmann update some of the engines with CGI-styled faces as opposed to logo replacements on rolling stock.  Thomas, Percy, and James' faces are especially outdated.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TTTEfan1992

No! I wouldn't say anything at all about this. I don't want Bachmann to get any ideas on ruining some of the products that are good. Especially, the locomotives with the classic-styled faces as opposed to having the cgi-styled faces. I don't even know why anybody would say a word about this. We all should just zip our lips, accept for what they are today, and feel extra grateful and lucky that we got some of the characters with the classic faces especially Duck being my favorite character, and along with some of the rolling stock that are in classic-style. The classic-style gives the products all nostalgic value. The products wouldn't be as nice cgi-style as nice as they are classic-style. I think the Bachmann Thomas and Friends products are very nice the way they are today.

Chaz

The Thomas Percy and James models don't even resemble their classic series counterparts, they resemble the promotional art that was made for them in the early 2000's. It would explain the face choices for Thomas and James as well as the paint errors on the James model.   Compared to the rest of the models, even Gordon and Henry, they look really outdated and could really benefit from some minor revisions.  James getting his paint scheme updated next year is already showing a good sign of this.  I don't think the other models need revisions personally, but I still stand by my views that Thomas, Percy and James could really benefit from new faces, at the very least.

Even just this week, Tomix revealed that they updated their faces on their newest batch of Thomas models to CGI.  Lionel has even updated some of their faces too.  I honestly don't see what's stopping Bachmann from doing the same thing since it would hardly cost anything in production, if at all, and reflects the look of the current show which is something I would think Bachmann and Mattel would be more than open to. 

Finally, while I respect your views, I think it's really unnecessary for you to tell users on this forum to "zip their lips" if you don't agree with their views.  There are better ways to show respect to others on the forum while having different views, and that isn't one of them.

JLK2707

I just meant what I said with no disrespect whatsoever.

Chaz

I wasn't referring to you in that last post JLK2707, you're good. ;)

I don't think that milk and fuel tanks getting CGI logos wouldn't be a bad idea either.  I'm honestly surprised that those haven't been updated yet either after some of the other HO stock had revisions too.  Especially with the large scale stock having the new logos.  It's just like what I said in my earlier post, I think that the engines that I mentioned earlier could benefit from revisions more than other pieces of rolling stock.

TTTEfan1992

Yeah, I'm aware a company can do whatever they want to do, and whenever they want to do something. I was just being paranoid about what was said on here, because I grew up with the classic series of Thomas the Tank Engine, and I will always like the classic series style better than the CGI series style. I was afraid Bachmann was going to make these revisions right away, or real soon after someone brought this subject up on here, and then I will never see these models in their classic form ever again from a high quality locomotive business. Though I have to admit, the characters in the CGI series look pretty good once you get used to watching the CGI series. Even the current series of this TV show is pretty good. The Thomas and Friends CGI series didn't turn out as bad as I thought it would. In my opinion, I don't think the CGI series style doesn't quite look as good as the classic series style. But, that's just me. At least I've got almost all the HO scale products of the Bachmann Thomas and Friends range before the company decides to make these revisions.

sean1994rail

IMO, the only likely revisions at the moment is the updated HO James and Henrietta with a face, as much as I hoped for the milk and fuel tankers to be updated with their CGI emblems. I was considering doing them.