News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Large Scale Jackson Sharp Coaches

Started by starlite801, August 19, 2016, 05:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starlite801

How can we get replacement parts or unlettered plain coaches for Christmas Train Sets?

I've bought a cpl of used sets at a garage sale, that have missing (cars) or broken parts.

I haven't been able to find the Christmas colored unlettered cars on the online store.

Any help would be appreciated.

RkyGriz

Hi. I think that Ebay would be your best bet for anything that you need that Bachmann is no longer making/selling. Most of my train stuff(like 99.5 percent of it) came from Ebay, and I've never had a problem with anything that I bought on their site . It's also a great site to find parts for kit bashing too!
Later!
Andrew

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Starlite,

Can you send me a photo of the Unlettered Christmas Cars.  I don't know of any unlettered Christmas cars, or I don't understand your message.  It can be difficult to post pictures here so feel free to email me the photos via your smart phone to billsharronc@yahoo.com.  After seeing what you have I will try to give you specific personal advice directly to your email address.

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

starlite801

Thanks for your replies guys.

I keep checking eBay, cpl of the sellers are VERY proud of the parts. Was Hoping that Bachmann would have unlettered cars like they have on their online store. ( i.e.. Coach - Painted Unlettered - Olive With Gold Lining).

To reply to Loco Bill: I have a cpl of cars from the "Night before Xmas" set, a combine from "White Xmas" set, and an engine from the "North Pole Express". So unlettered in xmas colors would save me from dipping-painting and/or stripping parts.
I could use the broken cars for parts and use the unlettered ones to complete the train in time for the holidays.

Andrew, Loco Bill, thank you I appreciate your timely replies.

Take care,
Paul

Loco Bill Canelos

Paul,

Thanks, now I understand.  I can confirm Bachmann never made any unlettered Christmas Cars.

Many times you can buy a whole car for a low price and strip it for the parts you need.  That is how I get most of my Bachmann parts.

Good Luck!

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

RkyGriz

Hi again, Paul. I don't know if you're interested, but I just listed this White Christmas body with interior and lighting on Ebay. I bought it brand new for a project last year and removed what I needed from it (the chassis and trucks) and stored it away for a possible future project-a project that I've decided not to pursue . So let me know if you're interested.
Here is the direct link to the auction:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/bachmann-g-scale-/272349072027?
Thanks and good luck with your project!
Andrew