News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The CP Jupiter and UP 119 in Large Scale

Started by CPMan54, January 27, 2017, 09:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CPMan54

It is my fervent hope to see the historic Union Pacific "119" 4-4-0 and Central Pacific "Jupiter" 4-4-0, produced by Bachmann in the Spectrum Large Scale line. These two important locomotives connected the Trans Continental Railroad at Promontory, Utah in 1869. Having them produced in the highly detailed Large Scale Spectrum line would be a model railroader's dream. I know tooling costs are expensive, but these are both 4-4-0 locomotives and share a lot of the same body components. They differ in minor details like fuel load (coal vs. wood),smokestack type, and decorative details. How about it Bachmann? Will you give it a shot and produce these two magnificent machines? You can use the schematics and blueprints that were used for the full scale replicas produced in 1979 by O'Connor Engineering Laboratories. These could be sold individually or in a "Golden Spike" boxed set with the two locomotives and a section of track featuring the Golden Spike. I think these would be well received by the model railroading community.

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi CPman,
As neat as your idea is, it will probably not happen soon.  Check out this topic to get the latest from Bachmann:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,33056.0.html

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

RkyGriz

Hi. I love your idea,but the truth is Bachmann is unlikely to produce these models anytime soon due to the market being "soft" for these kind of things. Bachmann would have to re-tool to make an authentic 4-4-0  American as  the drive wheel spacing on the 4-4-0 Centenial they made is quite a bit wider than that of the 4-4-0 American.
Have you ever considered the 4-4-0's made by the manufacturer who's name starts with an  H,includes an L and concludes with a W ? They do make a beautiful Jupiter model.
Sorry I can't be of further help!
Andrew