News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

orient Express

Started by micguire, September 13, 2016, 04:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micguire

Hello All,
Can anyone help me with replacing a motor for the Orient Express 1975 set?

ACY

Your best bet is a train show, flea market or ebay most likely. Good luck finding your motor

micguire

thank you for your assistance.
Regards, Michael

jbrock27

I would stay away from buying at a train show or flea market unless you bring a 9Volt battery with you and can test the motor of the loco you are looking to buy.  Once you walk away from either of those venues you have little to no consumer recourse should something not work or go south.
A better idea maybe to take the shell off, and take the old motor out, then shop on Ebay or elsewhere online for a similar size and shafted motor as a replacement.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Len

Get some measurements, e.g., shaft diameter, motor length & width, and you may be able to find a decent replacement motor here: http://www.nwsl.com/uploads/chap2_web_09-15.pdf

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

jbrock27

Quote from: Len on September 16, 2016, 01:42:42 AM
Get some measurements, e.g., shaft diameter, motor length & width, and you may be able to find a decent replacement motor

Len

So, in other words, you think my idea is a good one? ;)
Keep Calm and Carry On

Len

Quote from: jbrock27 on September 16, 2016, 07:54:09 AM
Quote from: Len on September 16, 2016, 01:42:42 AM
Get some measurements, e.g., shaft diameter, motor length & width, and you may be able to find a decent replacement motor

Len

So, in other words, you think my idea is a good one? ;)

Sure, except maybe the e-Bay part. I prefer being sure of my source when it comes to motors.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

jbrock27

Thanks much.  I guess it was a lot of work for you to have said so in the first place... ::)

You never saw NWSL or other brand new quality can motors, such as Cannons among others, sold on Ebay?  Need to get out more Len :D

Not much to be unsure of.  As I have mentioned here ad nauseum, there are more consumer protections available to one on purchases through Ebay than at "the train show" or  flea fair.  And please note, I did not mention Ebay as a source exclusively  
Keep Calm and Carry On