HELP!why won't the wheels turn on my brand new Durango Silverton n it won't run

Started by sallygoodin, September 11, 2016, 03:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sallygoodin

I just received my Bachmann N scale Durango Silverton set in the mail yesterday. Today I unpacked it and put it on the track and it won't run. I have two other Bachmann N scale trains the Thunder Valley and the Chief......they both work fine on the track so it isn't a problem with the track. They are also new so I just put the Durango Silverton on that track and when it wouldn't run I put the other trains on it and they run fine.

Oh my this must be a faulty train. I can return it to Omni Models but what a hassle! I noticed if I take my finger and try to move the wheels on the engine they dont move. Are they tied down in some way? There are little plastic things there but I am afraid to break anything off. There is no info about them being tied down or anything in the instruction manuals. I assume there is nothing to remove so they will turn?

So I guess should I just return it? This is sad. Don't they test these before packing them? Just wondering if I am doing something wrong. anyone got any suggestions?
Cheryl ???

James in FL

QuoteI noticed if I take my finger and try to move the wheels on the engine they dont move.

They should not move, don't force it, it will strip the gears.

Remove the phillips screw from the middle dome and take off the shell.
Using jumper wires from your track, touch them directly to the motor brushes, or contact strips, on each side of the motor (full throttle on your power supply).
Any sign of life?

sallygoodin

Hey thanks a million for the help but I don't think I should do that ..........it could mess up my return. I just thought that maybe the wheels were tied down just for shipping but honestly if they were the directions would say how to remove them.

If it was a used one I would try that but its brand new out of the box...... :o