Bachmann HO Scale Train E-Z Track System Auto Reversing Complete System 44547

Started by Terry Toenges, August 19, 2016, 12:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Toenges

Well this sure bites the big one.  I just received this in the mail today (brand new from The Favorite Spot) and set it up and it doesn't reverse. It reversed one time at the power pack end and wouldn't do it again. It never would reverse at the other end.
I've been messing with Bachmann track for a long time and used to have the set up with the barn so I know I have it all connected right.
I guess it's going to be "Call Bachmann" right?
Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

I guess I just have to return it to The Favorite Spot and pay the $14.38 shipping to send it back. Good thing I started preparing ahead of time for the Christmas set up.
Feel like a Mogul.

West Bound

Why not call the service department first. Maybe they can provide an easy fix over phone. You could also send the car only to the service dept. for repair or exchange. Might be cheaper than returning the complete set.   - John West

Terry Toenges

Just had the strangest thing happen. I had contacted The Favorite Spot and gotten a return label to send it back.  I was getting ready to box it up to send and thought I'd try it again. After a couple of tries, it started going from the power end ok but was still stopping on the far end. It wasn't the trolley because it would run fine between the points. I kept starting it from the power end and, after 6 or 7 tries of doing it like that and it stopping, it started reversing and it works ok now. I don't know if it was just a glitch in the system or what happened. It's really strange. As long as it is working now, I'm happy. :)
Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

I ended up sending it back today.
It was working good yesterday for a while.  Then, it started messing up again. At the power end it worked ok. When it got to the other end, it would just stop and not reverse. This was new and sealed from the factory.
Over the years, I've bought a lot of Bachmann products and done business with The Favorite Spot and never had a bad item until now.  I figure that's a pretty good record.
Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

Got the new one in the mail a few days ago and everything works fine now. I had ordered a Brill trolley, too, so I could start with new stuff.
My 2 year old great granddaughter Dori was over here for a couple of days and we had hours of enjoyment with it. I set it up on the floor and she had a ball running back and forth from one end to the other along with it. I let her use the speed control so it will go faster and slower and she also likes to turn it on and off. We have her bag of building blocks over here, so we were making tunnels and bridges with them to go over the trolley.
I originally had gotten it to use for Christmas, but this ended up being more fun. :)
Feel like a Mogul.

Deland

Terry, sounds like you've hooked another to the Hobby!!! Well done!!

Terry Toenges

I took up the auto reversing set up and now have a curvy loop on the floor with the trolley on it. I leave it plugged in and the trolley on the track. When she comes over, she often heads straight to it and turns it on. Then she says, "Trolley trolley" and watches it go round while increasing and decreasing the speed.
I'm kind of prepping for when I start setting up for Christmas so I can get some idea of what I'll be doing and what kind of track configurations. I'll be starting a lot earlier for this Christmas since I'm getting older and achier and thnigs take so much longer for me to do.
I'll have the O27 going around the perimeter. Inside, I'll have the point to point reversing trolley. I'll also have some type of loop around each of two Christmas trees with Bachmann reversing modules and a connector track between them. I have Tony's Trains installing a decoder in my On30 trolley. I'm thinking of maybe another loop with a train on it too, somewhere in there.
Feel like a Mogul.