STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2020, 05:06:31 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  HO
| | |-+  switch stands
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: switch stands  (Read 6303 times)
jbrock27

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2016, 07:04:39 AM »

Thank you both for the info.

Keep Calm and Carry On
jward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2016, 11:08:09 AM »

I remember him......another one that seems to have disappeared.

Jim.....look at this page. https://www.walthers.com/caboose-industries

I don't know how you get the N ones to work with that little of drawbar movement. Do you relocate the attachment point? I know I tried using HO ones on N turnouts when I was playing around with the HOn30 scene......never could get them to work and had to swap for proper N scale ones.

If the drawbar travel is too little, I don't see how they could successfully throw the points. But then again....what do I know?

Sid

sid,

is you want to adjust the travel in the points, it is a simple surgery to replace the throwbars with a strip of pc board, and solder the points to this. you can adjust the points to suit the switchstand, rather than trying to adjust the switchstand to the points.

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA
NevinW

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2016, 10:15:01 AM »

I use Caboose Industries N scale ground throws on all my HO layouts and they work fine.  I use Peco and Micro Engineering turnouts along with a smattering of Shinoharas and have not had any problems.  They look substantially better than the HO ones too. 
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: