News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Atlas Master Diesel Run on EZ Command?

Started by plint, September 28, 2016, 06:21:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plint

I have the EZ Command system with 4 Bachmann engines.  I'm looking at An Atlas Master DCC  series H16-44 diesel that is DCC decoder equipped.  Can I run this AS IS on button 10 on the EZ Command controller with the same smooth running results  or must I modify anything?  Bachmann states that button 10 is for non EZ engines.
Thanks
By the grace of God go I in Amherst NH.

Len

If the Atlas loco is DCC Equiped, you just program an address and operate it the same as any other DCC loco. Button 10 is used for straight DC locos, or DCC Ready locos with no decoder installed.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

plint

Ckrails

From the EZ Command instructions:

Using the black interconnecting power cable provided, you can also connect a Bachmann DC controller to your E-Z Command Control Center as shown in figure 18. When connected, address 10 automatically converts from its original DC (analog) assignment to DCC (digital). Thus, a tenth digital address becomes available, and the connected DC controller will allow you or a friend to control a DC locomotive in conjunction with your E-Z Command system. The Bachmann #44212 power pack, available from hobby retailers, is ideally suited to this application (figure 19).

Hunt

plint,
If the locomotive is a recent production Atlas Master Gold Series HO-scale model of a FM H16-44 then it is factory-equipped with an ESU LokSound Select decoder.  To take advantage of the features and functions of that decoder requires a DCC system with more capabilities than the Bachmann E-Z Command Control Center has.

Bucksco

But it can be run with an EZ Command unit if it is DCC equipped.

plint

It's a Master Series but not a Master Gold.