News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Some questions about the 4-4-0

Started by railtwister, November 26, 2007, 10:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

railtwister

Mr. Bach-man,

I am somewhat confused about the upcoming On30 4-4-0 locomotive, and what the different features are on the various SKU numbers released by Bachmann, since the descriptions seem to be a little ambiguous. Can you answer the following questions so I can place my order, or do I have to wait 'til they actually arrive (and probably are sold out) before we will know this?

1) What is the difference between " trim" and "pinstripes" Seems to me the only way to "trim" a loco is to use "pinstripes". Is the wood cab version only to have gold trim while the steel has only white?

2) The first  SKU # of either wood cab or steel cab version (unlettered) doesn't say it is coming "with red windows", yet the picture on the Bachmann site for the steel cab unit shows the black/graphite unlettered steel one with red windows. Do you suppose ALL versions are going to have red windows, and they're just telling us about it on some of them?

3) As for the extra parts included, are they going to have both spoked pilot and footboard type, spoked & solid lead truck wheels, and are they going to have interchangeable wood & coal loads, and also an oil tank for the tender in the box for all versions?

Thanks for any help in clearing this up.

Bill Nielsen
Oakland Park, FL

the Bach-man

Dear Bill,
I believe I'll have samples for photography this week; if not, I'll get out my artwork sheets and try to articulate the differences more clearly.
Thanks
the Bach-man