News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Diesel Locomotive

Started by deletebutton, October 02, 2016, 06:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deletebutton

I have a Bachmann diesel Locomotive EMD GP38-2 which is HO scale DC and I want to make it DCC compatible. What adaptor do I need to buy?   

Len

The simplest way would probably be to use the NCE Bach-DSL board. You'll have to move the LED's from the existing light board, but that shouldn't be hard to do.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Opa

I purchased this Locomotive through Amazon in July 2019 and it comes DCC equipped now.

rich1998

Quote from: Len on October 02, 2016, 10:59:53 AM
The simplest way would probably be to use the NCE Bach-DSL board. You'll have to move the LED's from the existing light board, but that shouldn't be hard to do.

Len

Google it. I posted the link about four years ago and someone removed it. Made by NCE the Bachmann decoder had so many complaints over the years in many forums. It is a light board decoder made to fit the Bachmann diesels. Very nice,

About twenty dollars last I looked.

Rich

Trainman203

Unless you are already experienced in model railroad electronics, or wish to become so, a new DCC equipped engine is the better option.

Terry Toenges

Did you all see that the original question is 3 years old and he is no longer on here?
Feel like a Mogul.

charon

Mesquite Short Line

DAVISinGP

Quote from: charon on November 01, 2019, 04:57:27 PM
Good catch Terry.
Don't feel bad, charon.

Advice may eventually go out of date, but IMHO, it is never wasted.

One of the nice thing about forums is that questions and answers are available to many people, seemingly, forever. After jumping into this hobby several years ago, I've received quite a bit of information and training that came from the past - even here! ;)

Personal data being available forever - yikes, that's an off-topic thread.  :o