How to remove tender shell on a HO 4-4-0

Started by darryl1936, October 17, 2016, 02:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darryl1936

My tender is one from Baldwin Modern 4-4-0 with DCC and Sound. #80129
I pulled off the coal load and can see the electronics but I need to remove them for another system. So here is my problem, other websites show older tenders but no pictures or something on how to take the tender shell off this system. So what holds the tender shell on and how to remove it. 
Cheers, Darryl

ebtnut

Go here for the tender diagram:  http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/HO_440_DCC-tender.pdf
It would appear that there are two screws towards the front corners of the tender floor that would help hold the tank down.  That's a good start. 

Hunt

Two screws underside at front of the tender.

Once the two screws removed -- lift up the front of the tender shell and pull it up and rotate out of the two tab slots at the rear of the tender.

darryl1936

Thanks fellows a lot.   You know I looked all over the bottom and I guess I didn't see the two screws as they are reset a little and of course black colored exactually as the tender.

I am very appreciative of the help here and other websites for getting assistance. I have at times helped others when I could.  Gee, what did we do years ago? No internet !

Cheers, happy training.  Darryl