News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Eggliner parts

Started by Rogers k88, October 23, 2016, 01:03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogers k88

Hi,

I notice Bachmann are going to make eggliners. I assume you have purchased the moulds, dies etc from Aristocraft? If that is the case I have been trying to source the little LED housings / lenses for two custom eggliners I am doing; I broke mine trying to remove them for painting. Would I be able to buy two or three sets from you? I am trying to have them finished by Christmas (as gifts). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel.

armorsmith

K88,

It is a bit more complicated than that, but yes Bachmann will be producing the Eggliners. That said, to my knowledge Aristo Craft never sold parts at the level you are asking for. And considering Bachmann is just now setting up production runs, I doubt they will have parts available for the near future.

Look up this gentleman, he is 3D printing parts in several scales, and may be your best bet http://glxscalemodels.com.  He has been making some replacement parts for Aristo Craft that folks on other fora are quite pleased with.

Good Luck

Bob C.

PS  And Mr Bachman if I have spoken out of turn, i apologize, just trying to help this gentleman out.

Rogers k88

Thank you very much for the link, I had never seen his site before. I have drawn up replacement parts in CAD myself and got them 3d printed, but all the curves in these lenses would make it difficult to draw up correctly. It would be far easier to just buy them, as long at that's an option. If not I will definitely keep that site in mind.