News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

bACHMAN K-27

Started by mackers, November 26, 2007, 07:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackers

Anykone out here have the authority or knowledge to let us know when the K- 27 will be shipped  ??? Mine has been ordered for two weeks but nobody knew when the shipment day would be...sure would be nice to have an idea ?

Curmudgeon

Well, since this engine has been talked about (and not talked about) for several years, TWO WEEKS is not a long time to wait.
Until you get hard and fast word, ANTICIPATE.

And, Thank-You for choosing Bachmann.

mackers

Well Dave since the last time I was at your house with my son and all smoking cigars in Kirkland, we were talking about the engine, and that was several years ago.....good talking to you here.......!! It's a long ways from Huntington Beach down in Surf City.  When you gonna get yours..........if not already  ??

Curmudgeon

Soon.
Hopefully before you!
Just so's I can harrass ya!

You gonna trash it?

I can see it now.
Cab hanging off, holes in smokebox (with flickering lights inside), handrails hanging, laundry on the tender.

jsmvmd

Dear Mackers,

So, do you know Huntingdon Beach? 

I used to swim there many moons ago when I had a body the chicks leered at instead of laughing at now.

Best Wishes,

Jack

mackers

Yep, I know Hunt. Beach, born and raised here in Orange County and been in my house here for 46 years and gonna stay..........my webb page is: 4LargeScale.com and then click on my name (Mac McCalla) to find out more........good talking to you.  Mac

mackers

Quote from: Curmudgeon on November 26, 2007, 08:04:31 PM
Soon.
Hopefully before you!
Just so's I can harrass ya!

You gonna trash it?

I can see it now.
Cab hanging off, holes in smokebox (with flickering lights inside), handrails hanging, laundry on the tender.

Yea it wil be changed, but not quite that bad, just enough to look used and make you wish it was  yours........so how about that !!l

mrgooch

Do you know the total length of the piece ?

mackers

Quote from: mrgooch on November 27, 2007, 12:37:54 PM
Do you know the total length of the piece ?
No, I don't have the engine yet and don't know of anyone that does, they are supposedly "on the water now", so I don't know the exact dimentions.     Mac   

Curmudgeon

If 1:20.3 reduction from the prototype, beam-to-beam should be about 33".

r.cprmier

If 1:20.3 reduction from the prototype, beam-to-beam should be about 33".

Considering the overall scale length, that would sound on the mark.

I ordered two the other day, and do expect a lengthy wait for them.
Patience, however, is a virgin. 

Dave;
Does anyone have a sound module for these puppies yet for the rather unique sound these engines had.

RIch
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Curmudgeon

Phoenix lists one, and I have a Sierra in my K-27.
I like it.

Matthew (OV)

Mac ...

After the awesome job you did on my Bachmann 2-8-0, maybe after you've had one to beat to death, I can talk you into being gentle to mine ....

Rich ....

Mine's going to sound suspiciously like a K-36,  I think ... and hopefully with a slightly raspier whistle...

All:

Let me brag on Mac a bit....

(he takes pretty good pictures of his work too, as you can see!)

Matthew (OV)

mackers

Matt.  I don't see a problem with that, you flatter me but that's ok, it's good for the ego.........Whenever I get my K- 27 and figure out how dirty to make it, I'll take  yours under my wing and make it real..........how's that  ??        Mac