News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Oliver coming early 2017

Started by InsideTrack, November 04, 2016, 10:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsideTrack

Please go to http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=258_259_261&products_id=5905 to see actual image. :)

Sorry for the delay and missing Christmas. But as you can see, he is done and will be on his way soon.

Bachmann Trains

JD417

He looks so surprisingly well done! I'm not sure that I'm happy that he isn't going to fit in with everyone else, bar the Class 08's, but the fact that he got a retooled lamp, made me really happy for some reason. Maybe that's a sign for a slight update for James, Thomas, and Percy?

Chaz

Oliver being in his CGI form is really no surprise to me, but I have to give credit where credit is due though as they really hit the nail with the hammer on it with that design.  It will no doubt be a hit when it is released, I already have mine on preorder!  I also love how the model comes with the lamp, I know that I will be adding my own custom LED light to the model so Oliver can have his lamp lit up while running.

Bachmann have once again colored me impressed!  They really deserve a pat on the back for this one, especially with how long this model has been taking.  Very much worth the wait! 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

DinoNTrains

This is wonderful news! As I've said before, Bachmann never fail to impress me. :)
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

ClrwtrMK2

I was actually expecting Oliver to represent his original model form. That's one Bachmann product I won't be getting.

thomasj219

Would you feel the same about Rosie?  ::)
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

sean1994rail

Lovely Oliver model! Thank you Bachmann! Also Looking forward to your Rosie, Troublesome Truck 5, Rheneas and Slate Wagons models as well.

ClrwtrMK2

Quote from: thomasj219 on November 04, 2016, 11:59:04 AM
Would you feel the same about Rosie?  ::)
I still want Rosie. In fact... I want Rosie even more.

Thomasfan39

He should be out by December if Rosie doesn't even have a photo and is suppose to come out in December.

sean1994rail

Maybe bachmann's leaving Rosie, Rheneas, Troublesome Truck 5 and the slate wagons until the trainfest in Milwaukee Wisconsin later this month at the earliest.

Chaz

Quote from: ClrwtrMK2 on November 04, 2016, 11:49:50 AM
I was actually expecting Oliver to represent his original model form. That's one Bachmann product I won't be getting.

The illustration of Oliver in both 2015 and 2016 catalogs is him in his CGI design, which was what Bachmann is going to go off of when making the model.  It's the current version of the character on the show, and Bachmann uses the most current and up-to-date references for the characters on the show for production.  Any future models are going in the exact same direction due to the standards of Hit and Mattel.  Oliver was no exception and Rosie and Rheneas will be no different.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

MeganekkoFury1126

I can't tell if his face is more model-era or more CGI era. To me, it looks like a happy medium of both.

This was definitely worth the extended wait. Oliver could very well be aesthetically Bachmann's best Thomas engine yet, and that's really saying something considering Skarloey, Duck, Donald and Douglas.

I love the headlight being added (how long has it been since a Thomas engine had a headlight?) and the detail under the chassis. That looks exceptional.

Titanic5972

He looks absolutely fantastic! Cue LED added to the Lamp.

TTTEfan1992

I think Bachmann made Oliver look extremely amazing. I'm so happy for how Bachmann Oliver turned out. The face looks a lot better than I thought it would. Actually, the whole thing looks a lot better that I thought it would. I have to admit though, the face looks very close to the Season 3 smiling face from the episode "Bulgy" except the eye brows on the model are better than the eye brows in that episode imo. That's a plus that I really like. Another plus that I like is that there is no step ladder, and no hand rail on the front of it's water tanks. That gives it another little hint of the classic series version of Oliver. A feature we all might see on this model that will make the model look even better imo when we all see it in person, is that there might be a tail lamp on the lamp iron on the back of it's coal bunker. Bachmann might have outdone themselves with Oliver even further than they did with Duck, and Bachmann Duck is my favorite model. That says a lot right there for how well Bachmann produces there models. I'm really looking forward to purchasing this model when it is available. This was well worth the tedious wait. Thank you very much Bachmann!

donaldthescottishtwin

He looks amazing the CGI face doesn't even bother me. Bring it on Oli.