News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Oliver coming early 2017

Started by InsideTrack, November 04, 2016, 10:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trains111

Why doesn't bachmann make the rods on the side of the engines built off of the shell and not on it?

AJW98Productions

Quote from: Trains111 on November 07, 2016, 09:25:00 PM
Why doesn't bachmann make the rods on the side of the engines built off of the shell and not on it?
If you're referring to the handrails on the sides of the locomotives, it's a simple answer. Bachmann doesn't like to apply fine details that could easily be broken off, to their Thomas models. This is simply because they are mainly marketed towards children, who could easily break off separately fitted details like handrails. So having their handrails moulded onto the engine's bodyshell prevents that chance.

~Alex

Metal

ClrwtrMK2

It's official...I'll have to 3D print my own Oliver that actually represent his original model form. Besides that, Are there any other images from Bachmann's display at Train fest.

thomasj219

I don't get you man. He looks near perfect, the only difference is his black running board. It just looks more and more like you want something to complain about to get back people not liking Rosie. I personally don't mind her. And my question to you before not was are you still looking forward to her, but rather would you have a problem if she's based (as she will be) on her CGI model?
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Chaz

I completely agree with Thomasj219.  We get it, you don't like Oliver being in his CGI design, but you don't need to keep spreading constant negativity just to get your point out there.  It's getting tiring, and comes off as attention-seeking.  You hated it when people were upset over Rosie, which makes your behavior in this thread all the more hypocritical. ::)

Thank you for sharing the photo with us Metal.  Personally I think the model looks great, even in the new photo.  Again, I can't deny that Bachmann has done a great job of capturing Oliver in his current design for the model.  The new photo just posted of Oliver makes me all the more excited for him, and clearly a lot of people on here think the model was worth the wait.  Can't wait to see Rheneas and the slate wagons next!
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TTTEfan1992

I think there is a picture of one of the Bachmann Narrow Gauge Slate Wagons w/ Load on facebook on the page "Bachmann Thomas and Friends". Just from looking at the picture of Bachmann Oliver, does anybody think that Bachmann Oliver is as big as Bachmann Mavis?

DinoNTrains

Oliver looks really wonderful! And who knows? What if his running board is painted white for his final model, like Duck? And let's not forget that Diesel has a CGI face and silver side rods as per his appearances pre-Season 6.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Captain Crutch

Even if it's not then it shouldn't be too hard to paint. As long as you're careful then it should turn out fine. Everything else is fine. They have to make it CGI because they are intended for kids and kids are familiar with the CGI series. They'd be confused and it'd cost more money if the made the running board white. You have to think about everyone. Or if you really are so lazy you want to complain about a product not being YOUR preferred style then you should look at Hornby. It's up to you. The rest of us would really appreciate it if you took your negativity elsewhere.
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!

donaldthescottishtwin

There's always one isn't there? The black running board was actually taken from the Railway Series for the CGI incarnation plus the CGI face looks not much different from the model version. And also as I've said before it will be easily modifiable even for someone without any scale modelling skills

Chaz

Quote from: TTTEfan1992 on November 12, 2016, 02:06:45 PM
I think there is a picture of one of the Bachmann Narrow Gauge Slate Wagons w/ Load on facebook on the page "Bachmann Thomas and Friends".

I just looked up that group on Facebook and found that post, that is not the Bachmann slate car, that's the Peco one.  Bachmann have not officially revealed a photo of the slate wagons yet, and if they did they would reveal all three at once and they would each come with a different slate load.  It's also confirmed they won't be reusing the Peco tooling, like the previous narrow gauge stock like last years, hence the cheaper retail price. :)

Also looks like someone has a video of him running:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCGpK1Q_HD4

Other pictures and videos have been posted too

A huge thank you to the person who was generous enough to share pictures and videos of this model!
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

sean1994rail

Quote from: Chaz on November 12, 2016, 03:14:59 PM
Quote from: TTTEfan1992 on November 12, 2016, 02:06:45 PM
I think there is a picture of one of the Bachmann Narrow Gauge Slate Wagons w/ Load on facebook on the page "Bachmann Thomas and Friends".

I just looked up that group on Facebook and found that post, that is not the Bachmann slate car, that's the Peco one.  Bachmann have not officially revealed a photo of the slate wagons yet, and if they did they would reveal all three at once and they would each come with a different slate load.  It's also confirmed they won't be reusing the Peco tooling, like the previous narrow gauge stock like last years, hence the cheaper retail price. :)

Also looks like someone has a video of him running:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCGpK1Q_HD4

Other pictures and videos have been posted too

A huge thank you to the person who was generous enough to share pictures and videos of this model!
cracking video! Oliver's even got a tail lamp! Kudos to you, Bachmann.

sean1994rail

they've also got Troublesome Truck 5 at the show as well!

Metal

To all who want to get a glimpse of his scaling.

It comparisons with his Model and CGI, I'd say it's in the middle.