News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Stall and Slip current for a C-19

Started by Grapevine Flyer, November 08, 2016, 12:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grapevine Flyer

Can anyone give me the stall current and the slip current for a c-19?

Also, the promo video shows/describes a pigtail connector to allow connection to an "after market" sound system. Does anyone know what sound system are they referring to?

Kevin Strong

From my review for Garden Railways:

"With no load, the locomotive draws around 0.5 amps. At full slip, that current draw increases to 1.5 amps. Stall current at 14V is 3.5 amps, which increases to 5 amps at 24V. (I mention both voltages because people who run battery power—especially narrow-gauge modelers—tend to use 14V battery packs, while those using track power gravitate toward 24V, regardless of prototype.) Drawbar pull measured just shy of two pounds, or the equivalent of around 26 average freight cars on straight, level track. "

Stand-alone sound systems (those which work on analog DC or with non-DCC command/control systems) would include Phoenix, Dallee, and MyLocoSound. Any of those would work with the C-19. In most cases, you connect track power to the sound board, then connect the speaker to the sound board. In analog DC installations, there will likely be a back-up battery connected to the sound board to provide power to the board when the track voltage drops.

Later,

K

Grapevine Flyer

Thanks for that info. Very helpful. Does the C-19 have an NMRA 8-pin connection point for DCC decoders?