News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann EZ-APP Loco's

Started by HoModeler, November 09, 2016, 06:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoModeler

Thinking of buying a Bachmann F-7 Loco equipped with the Bachmann EZ-APP just wondering if anyone has a Loco with the EZ-APP. How well does it work with a Cell Phone (I have an android cell) Do you need Wi-Fi or Internet for Loco to work. Is Loco DDC & Sound

My Hobby Shop just got a few Bachmann EZ-APP Loco's In for the Christmas Season & I am thinking of picking 1 up. The Loco's look pretty good in detail But with some light Weathering Loco's would look awesome.

The Hobby Shop owner said he picked a few Loco's up to see if they would sell over the Christmas season & for the fact the Loco runs off an APP on your cell phone. & might be a Hit for Tech Savvy Kid's...

Thanks

ACY

These locos do not have DCC or sound. The control comes from the phone and the sound plays from the phone not the locomotive. You can however modify things to how you desire depending on your abilities.

AND it is DCC (Digital command control), NOT DDC

HoModeler

Quote from: ACY on November 10, 2016, 05:22:49 PM
These locos do not have DCC or sound. The control comes from the phone and the sound plays from the phone not the locomotive. You can however modify things to how you desire depending on your abilities.

AND it is DCC (Digital command control), NOT DDC

Thanks for the info I thought the Loco itself was DCC & Sound I have a Local Train Club that I take my Locos to for DCC Sound install (the train tech is very good at installing sound) I still might pick one up @ the hobby shop yet. How well do they work my Layout is 17ft long x 6ft wide has 21 switches total and I have a 9 track storage yard.

railtwister

It's true that these locos do not have a DCC decoder, but since a DCC layout always has full power on the rails, any E-Z App loco(s) will run just fine on the layout, you'll simply have to control it with your cell phone, iPod, or tablet (it just can't be controlled by a DCC handheld). Running it on the DCC layout will not interfere with that system controlling decoder equipped DCC locos, either. You will have to pay attention though, to avoid having a collision with other trains, whether they are E-Z App or DCC. The only disadvantage (and it's a minor one) is that with E-Z App, you won't have access to the DCC system's emergency stop feature.

Bill in FtL