News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Headlight On My Big Hauler

Started by Gus G., November 27, 2007, 01:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gus G.

Hello Listers,

I am Gus Gonzalez, and new to the list.  Last year I purchased the Bachmann Big Hauler Christmas Set from Sam's Club.  This is the set that included the Trolley.  I put it around the Christmas Tree and it ran fine during the whole month of December.  This year I set it up again and it is running fine just like last year, but the headlight sometimes flickers, and goes out completely.  Tonight (11-26-07) I turned the train on and the light came on, made one lap around the Christmas tree flickered and went out again.  I ran it for about an hour and the light never came back on again.  The light on the tender works fine when I put the train in reverse and it flickers when the train is moving in the forward directions.  This has to be a bad connection or bad contact where ever the light gets it power from.  Is this something that I should try to fix myself or send the engine in to Bachmann.   How hard is it to remove the body from the engine and wheels so that I can see how the light is hooked up.  Let me know what you all think. 

Thanks for your help.

Gus Gonzalez
Baton Rouge, LA

Curmudgeon

Could be a bad solder joint or broken wire about anywhere in the line.
Could be a bad LED.

You're going to have to remove the smokebox front, headlight housing, and check the wires.