News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Sound for N Scale Bachmann 2-8-8-4 B&O EM-1

Started by mike07083, November 20, 2016, 05:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike07083

Hello All.....I have a Bachmann N Scale Bachmann 2-8-8-4 B&O EM-1....Is there a plug and play sound mod for this loco?.....Thanks

ACY

Not for the N scale model, only for the HO scale, the HO scale version won't fit and is not compatible in case you were wondering.
Any standard N scale sound decoder and appropriately sized speaker will work though.

RGPerkins

I had ESU LokSound dcc with sound installed in the two n-scale Bachmann B&O EM-1s I own.  I am delighted with the result.  I had the ESU speakers installed.
I have had similar "upgrades" done to Bachmann steam locomotives to get the sound feature.

gatrhumpy

I have a Soundtraxx DCC Sound decoder in mine. It sounds awesome.

RGPerkins

The reason I selected ESU LokSound dcc with sound and the ESU speaker is it includes some sounds options that I have yet to find in any other dcc with sound options.  One is the rail click sound.  :D

Mike C

The new Tsunami 2 has the rail click .  And the whistles are excellent ! Really good motor control too .

propmeup1

I may as well chime in, i use soundtraxx and enjoy them. I have the TSU-750 in three of them and a ESU loco sound in the fourth one. I'm more fond of the Soundtraxx decoders.
That's my 2 cents.

Keith