News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Davenport Re-run?

Started by aspoz, November 20, 2016, 09:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aspoz

Yardmaster/Bach Man

Guys, is there any chance of getting a re-run of the Davenport in the next few years?  It hasn't been available for quite some time and was a great little performer in its day.  I imagine it's chassis wouldn't be too hard to do given the l'il hauler range and the 2-4-2T, and the body was fine as it was, would just need the moulds being put back in use.  I'd certainly be up for a couple if it was....

Plow_Bender

To be quite honest, I would love to see the Davenport brought back.  I missed out on it when it was still available, and now I'm left with the option of trying to track one down on eBay or building my own.  Unfortunately eBay hasn't been very reliable and if I were to track down the parts on Bachmann's website and build my own, I'll be paying close to $400-$500.  Even then I'm not sure if I'd be able to get everything I need to build one.  If I could at least track down a Davenport (even if it's the wrong color scheme), I could easily purchase a new cab and hood from Bachmann's parts department and do a swap.

Like I said, I agree with you that the Davenport should be brought back, but if it was discontinued, there was most likely an issue with the model in terms of sales.  Who knows, Bachmann may bring it back again like they have done with the Lyn and the Two-Truck Climax.  Fingers crossed.

-Rusty
"If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it..."

charon

I've got one new in the box I don't need.  Send me an email    cfernette@tampabay.rr.com
Mesquite Short Line

Plow_Bender

Don't have access too much access to my email.  I sent you a PM.  Let me know if you can't reply.

-Rusty
"If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it..."