News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Aristo replacement parts from Bachmann?

Started by Greg Elmassian, November 21, 2016, 12:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Elmassian

Now that Bachmann will sell the eggliner, perhaps it could see the way clear to make a few extra Aristo-style couplers and also motor blocks?

I believe there is a large market out there for spare/replacement parts. The "guts" of the Eggliner motor block will service thousands of existing Aristo 2 axle diesels.

Couplers wear, and being able to purchase replacements is another unique market Bachmann can have, since the Aristo-style couplers have unique characteristics to keep from uncoupling, and a LARGE installed base of users.

Greg
Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Greg,

Bachmann's Yardmaster has stated in another thread that they have no plans to introduce more former Aristocraft items.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,32495.0.html

Loco bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Greg Elmassian

Yes, but they are producing Aristo couplers and motor blocks with the Eggliner.  ;D

Also, I'm not sure Bachmann appreciates the size of the market they could tap easily.

In any case I think more people will come forwards with these requests, and this seems to be the only place for consumers to put ideas forth.

Greg
Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com

Joe Zullo

Greg is correct. There is a great untapped market for Aristo replacement parts. Perhaps Bachmann can be persuaded to look at the market situation again?  ::)

doug c

The best thing to do is wordsmith a letter of interest and what has been expressed within this thread. 

Send it to Bachmann via email and/or hardcopy snailmail.   Also run-off a copy (or two) previous to attending any train shows that might be attended by B'mann representatives  to personally hand to them.   

IF i was able to attend ST'17 I would offer to pass on a hard copy to the B'mann reps that might attend our show again !     

Will anything come of it ? Possibly nothing will,  but way better chance  than if ya just expect (B'mann) principles  to be surfing the 'net reading these threads.

imho,
doug c

p.s. if you do wordsmith a letter of interest send me a 'copy',  I'll convey to others up here who may have similiar interests to sign,  and personally hand to any reps they encounter ...
"G-Gauge may not RULE, But it GROWS on Ya !! "     djc'99

RIrail

I think the mistake you are making (and I wish I were wrong) is you seem to think Bachmann cares about us large scale folks. It seems like when ever someone comes on this forum to make a suggestion for large scale the answer is always no or no answer at all. Sorry for my negativity. :-\

Loco Bill Canelos

The Bach-man and Yardmaster read these threads.  I know both personally and they has always relayed wish items to upper management even if they make no formal response.  I appreciate the Yardmasters responses, even if I do not like the answer.  At least he is being honest about things.  The company is a for profit company and cannot just make a lot of the items we all would like to see given the very small segment of the hobby Large (G) Scale seems to be.  Worse the popularity of Large Scale has not seen great sales, which is the major reason Bachmann and all the other manufacturers have not introduced much if any new product. Three or more manufacturers have gone completely out of business, They were mostly makes of only large scale products and could no longer make a profit.  Bachmann has other scale products with good sales to fall back on, which helps subsidize large Scale.  I would not be surprised to see poor selling Large Scale product dropped by Bachmann in the near future.  Bachmann has actually brought more new product to the market than any of the other manufacturers.  None of this is likely to change in the near future.   Not many companies dependent on the China based manufacturing companies are likely to do new business while the US is threatening to raise tariffs by 35 to 45%.   If all Bachmann products prices had to be raised due to high tariffs, many of us would not be able to afford them any more.  This would apply to parts as well.   Some say, and I agree to some extent that large scale is a dying segment because it appeals mostly to older retired folks and new young folks no longer have an affection for trains.  Many just have no place to run the larger stuff.  The ones that do stick with trains have the smaller scales like HO to buy, which seems to be growing stronger every year.  Every issue of MR has new item announcements in HO.   

I am thankful form what we do have, and I am hopeful we will eventually see more product.

Have a great holiday season!!

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!