News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum 0-4-0

Started by kennywsp4, November 27, 2007, 04:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kennywsp4

Questions about the  Spectrum 0-4-0  model #  BAC 82098. Is this a good model of the 0-4-0? any issues with it? Also is $80.00  a good price for a new one? Or any other info on it would be great thanks in advance.

John B

Kenny,

I've got the same item number.  It's a good little engine for the price.  I think I paid about $20 more than that several months ago.  I added DCC to it and it was very easy to do.  The one issue that may be of concern is if you are planning to do major rework to the boiler area because the saddle tanks and boiler are one piece and would cause problems.  The only problems I have with it is going through the unmodified Aristo switches.  The little guy bounces because the wheel flanges bottom out.  The other problem is it’s a low rider and the front step sometime catches on the frog if the switch is not completely flat.  I have one switch that’s at the top of a grade and sometimes wants to head down hill own its own.  I also added an interior light to it so the crew can see at night.  Overall, it’s a very basic but good engine.  I don’t regret buying it at all. 

John