How to run DCC equiped loco with simple DC transformer

Started by greeneri, December 05, 2016, 06:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greeneri

just received a HO 2-8-0 with DCC on board. Dont have DCC.  was told it will run with simple DC transformer.
What do I need to change on the loco to make it work?  Instructions mention a dummy plug.
Do I need to install the 2 jumper pins in the dummy plug? where is the dummy plug?

Jerrys HO

Most current Bachmann loco's have a dual mode decoder in them as yours should. There is nothing special to do just put it on the tracks and go. You may find it takes more throttle to get it to move. If you plan on running DC only you may opt to install the dummy plug IF your loco has a plug. Some of mine came with the plug and some did not. I would suggest opening her up to be sure there is a spot for the plug, I am assuming there is. This link is one I downloaded from Jonathan who is one of the forums guru's on steam and Connies.....
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/H114X-IS001.PDF
Notice on the board in the tender the spot for the decoder/dummy plug.

greeneri

thanks for the info. just didnt want to damage anything. Next problem is how to open up the tender? I can release the 2 tabs at the rear; but the base still wont release. Is there a hidden screw? Do the trucks need to be removed to get inside the tender?

Jerrys HO

There is one screw on the bottom, just behind the forward truck.  Remove the screw and gently lift and pull backwards.