Ez command smart wifi interface. Tired of waiting.

Started by Squallywally, October 11, 2016, 07:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squallywally

Well,
I saw the ez command wifi smart wifi interface in operation at trainfest in the fall of 2015. I have had it on Backorder since March of 2016. Was suppose to be available in August 2016, then October 2016. now it's March of 2017. It is perfect for what I  need and how it would work with what I already have.
However, I am tired of waiting. I have decided to chuck the ez command and go with something else.

Joe323

When you add up the cost of the EZ command and the walk around throttle or the smart interface you would be better off with a More expandable system like the NCE Powercab IMHO.  And the powercab is made in upstate NY not China.

Squallywally

i bought EZ command brand new sealed for $40 on eBay. I had pre ordered smart wifi interface for $68 from Omni models. So I was only going to have $108 in the system.   I was looking for iPhone control for all of the DCC sound locomotives I already own, 9 in total.

Powercab  is a nice system but I am looking for iPhone/iPad control and certainly not wired remote control that the powercab and even the walk around companion gives.

I am sorry Bluetooth EZ app doesn't cut it.

1.  I don't want generic, unsynchronized sound coming out of my phone

2. It doesn't control the locomotives I already own.

Joe323

I agree with your criticism of EZ app and have not bought it for the reasons you mentioned.

Bucksco

We are sorry but due to issues beyond our control this product has been cancelled.

Squallywally

It a shame really, would have been a grand slam of a product as far as I am concerned.

Squallywally

Does this mean that the walk around companion will be available again?

Bucksco

Flare

Quote from: Yardmaster on October 13, 2016, 10:51:00 AM
We are sorry but due to issues beyond our control this product has been cancelled.

Is there any chance that a similar product could be made?

Perhaps using a bluetooth receiver instead of wifi?