News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Driveline replacement part questions

Started by digitalgriffin, December 11, 2016, 01:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitalgriffin

Question 1:

Someone over at the MRR forums said you are offering the HO 3-Truck shays with metal bevel gears now on the replacement side frames.  Is this true and is this the link?
http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_68_92&products_id=1651

Question 2:

I've had 2 H-6 2-6-6-2 and 1 H-5 2-6-6-2 fail and two 4-8-2 Heavy Mtn fail in the drive line (gear tower)   I really don't want to send them in under warranty because I know they are no longer available.)  Is it possible I can get a replacement gear tower recommendation so I can order one from NWSL?  (gear size/teeth count final drive ratio)

WoundedBear

Question 1.........

I have used a few of these sideframe/driveline sets to repair HO Shays. Unfortunately, they ARE NOT metal gears. BUT, they are a vast improvement in design over the original gears. I have yet to have a failure of the new gears. The experts on the other forums are probably getting the Shay and the Climax mixed up.....happens a lot.

Question 2.................

Bachmann isn't going to help you with that sort of info. Pull the gear towers apart and call Dave at NWSL yourself.

Sid