News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

wrecking crane/log loading crane

Started by gmhtrains, December 11, 2016, 10:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmhtrains

Many members of this forum submit requests for new models from Bachmann, most frequently in the form of different steam locomotives. Requests for new passenger or freight cars are often in the form of new paint schemes for existing body styles (is there no end to billboard reefers?), rather than new molds (my choice would be a four-door baggage car).

But at this time I would like to suggest a new car design with a dual purpose: a flat car mounted crane that can serve both as a wrecking crane to lift derailed equipment at a collision site, and as a log-loading crane in the woods to aid in the initial loading of logs, and along the right-of-way to reclaim logs that have fallen from moving trains enroute to the mill. Availability of such a crane car could renew interest in the previously-released work train/logging camp "outfit" cars.

Gil Hulin

Royce Wilson

American Hoist & Derrick ditcher that when you remove the bucket hoist you have a logging  crane.

Royce

ebtnut

Refresh my memory, but didn't Bachmann do one of these logging cranes on a flat car about 10 years ago?

railexpert

Hi Ebtnut,

My archive says no.

Railexpert

:(