News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

sound equipped locomotives

Started by cherryvalleyrr, March 24, 2007, 05:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cherryvalleyrr

Hello, Bach Man. Just out of curosity are there any plans for Bachmann to produce any sound equipped locomotives? If so, which ones, and when? Just curious.

rogertra

Nothing against those people who want sound but it should  _ALWAYS_ be an extra cost option.

Hoople

They have been in production for about 5 months now.
-Hoople-

Modeling UP, SP, and D&RGW in colorado between 1930 and 1960.

GIVE US HARRIMAN STEAMERS BACHMANN!

rikc9

My new HO Spectrum Richmond 4-4-0 had DCC power only though it is a beautiful engine. No sound. I removed the stock decoder and installed a SoundTraxx DCC sound decoder. It just seems better when running the Spectrum with my Roundhouse 4-4-0 with DCC/sound. The tender frame has holes for a speaker so I asked around and asked Bachmann if there were plans for sound eventually. Zero answers. I still get annoyed because the Bean Counters are not concerned about the customers. The tender ready for sound brings up an obvious question. I even asked around if this tender is used with a different HO steam engine.
I did receive a snail mail answer to a question I sent in concerning spare parts for this Spectrum engine. No parts available. Send the engine in for service.  Parts will not ever be available for individual purchase, at least for this engine.  So much for Bachmann spares. The only thing I can figure is, it is not economical for Bachmann to supply parts like the original owner used to. Go figure.

rikc9

Hoople

rik, they 4-4-0s are available with sound now. Try going to micromark.com, they have great deals on spectrums with and without sound.
-Hoople-

rikc9

Quote from: Hoople on March 24, 2007, 07:50:10 PM
rik, they 4-4-0s are available with sound now. Try going to micromark.com, they have great deals on spectrums with and without sound.

The Micro Mark I bought mine from two months ago says     " DCC-equipped for speed, direction, and lighting (8-pin plug)". Where did you read sound?
I just checked again. No sound for the Richmond 4-4-0 indicated.

rikc9

GN.2-6-8-0

There are several of the Bachmann locimotives that come equipted with DCC & Sound.....like the man said check the Micromark website.
The sound decoder being used is the soundtrax tsuami....and its freaking fantastic!!
The Bachmann said that sound in the 4-4-0 & 4-6-0 could happen in the near future....lets keep our fingers crossed....
Rocky Lives

rikc9

I did check Micro Mark a few minutes ago like I said in my last post. I check Micro Mark at least once a week as I buy from them fairly regularly. I already have my Spectrum 4-4-0 that I bought from Micro Mark two months ago. I just installed an old time box type headlight on it. I have the wood cab undecorated model.
My next loco will be a Roundhouse 2-6-0 with DCC/sound coming in May 2007.

rikc9

Hoople

Micromark may not be selling them, but I am very sure that bachmann makes a 4-4-0 with sound.
-Hoople-

rikc9

Tony's Trains is the only one selling the sound version and Tony's makes the conversion. Tony's sells the DCC power only version, one with low cost sound and one with premium sound.
Tony's started selling them with sound after I bought mine.

rikc9

jayl1

There are 2 Bachmann Pennsy K-4s available - pre & post war.

Andy Fekete

Does anybody know of a good sound decoder and speaker to put in my specrum cnr 2-10-2?

you've been hit by...
you've been struck by...
a smooth criminal

Jake

^SoundTraxx Heavy Steam Decoder.
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

rikc9

Quote from: Andy Fekete on March 25, 2007, 05:16:52 PM
Does anybody know of a good sound decoder and speaker to put in my specrum cnr 2-10-2?
Check with Tony's Trains. A phone call will work. Email takes longer for a reply. They sell a Spectrum 2-10-2 that has Premium sound. I would assume it is the SoundtTraxx Tsunami. They will tell you what they would recommend. Many DCC people like Tony's Trains. I have bought decoders from them.
http://www.tonystrains.com/
Also, do a Yahoo or Google search for "Spectrum 2-10-2 dcc" without the quotes. I found some links concerning this issue.

rikc9

Andy Fekete

thanks a lot i will do some reaserch with this info

here's a pic just for fun

thanks again

you've been hit by...
you've been struck by...
a smooth criminal