News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Tinkering with the Baby Trainmaster

Started by jonathan, December 20, 2016, 04:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrock27

Quote from: jonathan on December 23, 2016, 07:38:23 PM
To answer one question.  I went on ebay and found a company called Lighthouse something or other... They had LEDs with the blinking circuit built right into a 3mm LED, for 60 cents a piece, including shipping.  I may adding a blinking red light to the top of a structure or something. 

Regards,

Jonathan

Thank you JV.  That would have been my question, and don't call me Shirley, LOL  :D

tricking out a rolling refrigerator was just a diversion

Regards,

Jonathan

I take exception to that remark however, LOL  :D

Keep Calm and Carry On

Irbricksceo

Quote from: jbrock27 on December 24, 2016, 08:14:16 AM
tricking out a rolling refrigerator was just a diversion

Regards,

Jonathan

I take exception to that remark however, LOL  :D

I'm with Jon on this one, to quote a very old movie that I can't seem to remember the name of at the moment, "You can't beat Steam"

Modeling NYC in N

bapguy

So do the lights blink alternately. I bet it's cooling looking in a dim room. I like the weathering job. Looks good. Hey Mr. Bach Man, please tell corparate to bring back the H16-44
   Joe

jbrock27

Quote from: Irbricksceo on December 24, 2016, 11:28:28 PM
I'm with Jon on this one..."You can't beat Steam"

Never saw that movie, but hey, whatever makes your wheels go 'round.  ;)

On Winter Break from school?
Keep Calm and Carry On

jonathan

The lights are not in sync. So, they will wink together then, after a bit they will alternate.

Thanks, I enjoyed going heavy on the weathering. These were fun to tinker with.

Regards,

Jonathan

Irbricksceo

Quote from: jbrock27 on December 25, 2016, 06:38:29 AM
Quote from: Irbricksceo on December 24, 2016, 11:28:28 PM
I'm with Jon on this one..."You can't beat Steam"

Never saw that movie, but hey, whatever makes your wheels go 'round.  ;)

On Winter Break from school?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LTbay8TZhM#t=21m26s

Edit: Also, just now saw the other comment, chalk it up to me being tired. Yeah, I'm on break from school at the moment. Working on next semesters schedule currently.
Modeling NYC in N

Martha

Seems a lot of quoting going on here. Which brought John Lennon to mind "So this is Christmas and what have you done"? seems on this particular topic a lot of beaching and complaining. YIKES alert the press Jonathan added two blinking lights to a PRETEND diesel locomotive. Really gentlemen? I come to Bachmann's forum for advice and ideas. Not useless criticism. Jonathan by far has the coolest, detailed, most interesting layouts I follow. It is so exciting to watch his new layout grow. He's almost anal in the details which I find awesome. Who else paints mono fish line to string from pole to pole? I have an 8 year old Grandson who I am introducing to MRR. We are following Jonathan as he is starting over. We are not getting crazy (yet) on going big however I hesitate bringing my grandson onto this site. I want this to be a positive learning tool not a place I need to preview prior to him reading the replies. If someone ask for advice well expect more than one opinion but when a guy is just messing around waiting for his plastercloth to dry and shares a cool thing........ I think the spirit of Christmas just was lost. Hesitant to wish Happy New Year to you all might spark another negative rant. John also said "Give peace a chance".

Jhanecker2

great movie ,  thanks  Irbricksceo   . John2

WoundedBear

RAM

Boy did any one have a high speed computer to count all of the safety violations. 

jbrock27

Quote from: Irbricksceo on December 25, 2016, 12:26:56 PM
I'm on break from school at the moment. Working on next semesters schedule currently.

Keep up the good work and best of luck!  :)

Quote from: WoundedBear on December 25, 2016, 08:55:00 PM
I see Jerry is a guest again.  ::)

Sid

LMAO  :D
Keep Calm and Carry On

tiebreaker

Would it be possible to do something like that for ditch lights. Looks good, would love to see a shot of them working.

jbrock27

Check YouTube.  Have come across someone installing them; just don't remember if they flash or not.  The video included a list of parts as well. 
Keep Calm and Carry On

tiebreaker

Quote from: jbrock27 on December 31, 2016, 01:57:22 PM
Check YouTube.  Have come across someone installing them; just don't remember if they flash or not.  The video included a list of parts as well. 

have you done this before?

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On