News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Rail Bus sound module?

Started by Tom_C, December 26, 2016, 06:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom_C

I have the rail bus http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=879_755_789_803_804&products_id=5220&zenid=d06knli4cecqpa4fp1pln2mdp1

What sound module do I need for this?  Does it have all the wiring and speaker ready for sound, or would I need to add more stuff?

Also, I man-handled the cab and popped out a window, and I need to know how to take the chassis apart to get access to the inside to replace the window.  The instructions or other info I've seen online don't show how to get the cab off the chassis for access to the inside.

Flare

I'm not sure if this helps at all, but this is Bachmann's exploded view diagram page of the Rail Bus which gives an idea of how it comes apart and back together:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/28457.pdf

It shows that the pre-installed decoder connects to a standard socket so swapping it for a sound-equipped decoder should be easy once you get it apart.

It does not show a pre-installed speaker, but there does appear to be a cutout for a speaker in the roof near the decoder socket.

Tom_C

Thanks very much.  I have that exploded view but will study it more thoroughly and see if I can figure out how to get the chassis apart.

As for the sound, I'm fine with basic sound.  I know people do a lot of modifications to add sound, but I just want a basic install.

the Bach-man

Dear Tom,
I used a SoundTraxx decoder, mounted in the roof.
Make sure to vent it into the passenger compartment so it doesn't overheat.
Happy New Year!
the Bach-man

Tom_C

Thanks.

Can you tell me what the 2 components are on the NMRA plug in the railbus?  

From all indications it appears that they're diodes to connect both the Yellow (backup light) and the white (headlight) to the NC connection on the 8 pin socket.  

Is there a schematic available of the railbus circuit board?