Where to start with HO (premade sets, E-Z lock, compatibility)

Started by JRB13, December 27, 2016, 09:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jward

one thing to be aware of.

since your child has expressed an interest in Thomas, there are Thomas sets out there in ho scale, but their couplers are much different and incompatible with the standard ho train cars. In other words, Thomas series locomotives and cars will all work with each other, but will not couple to regular cars and locomotives, and vice versa. they all run on the same tracks with the same controllers, however.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

jbrock27

Quote from: Trainman203 on December 30, 2016, 10:04:45 PM
I'm not good at snipping and regurgitating, wears me out and frankly bores me.

You seem to creating a self inflicted wound here, bc no one is looking to
Quote from: Trainman203 on December 30, 2016, 10:04:45 PMto denigrate those who do...
...DCC.  I also never said that I did not like DCC locos.  You should stop getting yourself all worked up when there is nothing there to get worked up about.  No need for all the drama.  (Denigrate and it's derivatives must be the State Word of Louisiana... ::))

we do have a few self appointed critics and overactive hall monitors

Agree completely :D

RE: Clubs:
I'm not in one any more for all the reasons you mentioned.

I appreciate your agreeing w/me on a subject. ;)  Thank you.

let this guy learn something.......  good idea, right?

I agree completely.  Wouldn't you concur that he has already and is continuing to do so?

Keep Calm and Carry On

tiebreaker

Wow! tough crowd here.... /\ /\ /\ :'(

I see there is Bachmann flex track, wondering how hard it would be yo mate with EZ track.

Flare

Quote from: tiebreaker on December 31, 2016, 11:30:02 AM

I see there is Bachmann flex track, wondering how hard it would be yo mate with EZ track.

It's not that hard, just trim off the excess rail(s), place it on roadbed, add a joiner and you're set.

jbrock27

Quote from: tiebreaker on December 31, 2016, 11:30:02 AM
Wow! tough crowd here.... /\ /\ /\ :'(

Not at all; opinions, like your mileage, may vary. ;)

Quote from: Flare on December 31, 2016, 12:43:39 PM
place it on roadbed, and you're set.

Be sure to measure the height of whatever you are choosing as roadbed for under the flex track, against the height of EZ track's plastic roadbed.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Trainman203

den·i·grate
ˈdenəˌɡrāt/
verb
criticize unfairly; disparage.
"there is a tendency to denigrate the poor"
synonyms:   disparage, belittle, deprecate, decry, cast aspersions on, criticize, attack

Snipping and pasting😆😅😂

WoundedBear

OMG.....next thing you'll see is the "powers that be" take away the quote button....LMAO. Some of you guys....and gals.....got waaaaay too thin of a skin. If ya don't like what ya read, ignore it.

Everyone has an opinion and is welcome to it....I listen, then either reject it or accept it. Some of you would die in a heart beat on the racing forum I belong to. I know this is supposed to be G rated, but that doesn't mean we can't discuss things like adults. Sometimes in life you're going to hear or read things that upset you. Deal with it.

Sid