News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E-Z Track

Started by davidadoup, December 31, 2016, 05:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidadoup

I use quite a bit of E-Z track with black base and really like it.  Is there a recommended limit as to how long I can make these track runs without loosing efficiency of my HO train engines?  Also, is there any risks to running these HO engines in tandem?

jbrock27

No risks in running 2 locos in tandem; they just might not run at the same exact pace and one may push or the other may pull, the other.  You will know you have reached the limit when you see a power loss or drop.  Don't like steel track.  For one, it makes it difficult to provide a solution to power loss as it is very difficult to solder to the steel rails.  That leaves at least 2 choices for problem solving: buy another terminal section of track (not cheap) or solder feeder wires to the undersides of the rail joiners (better if you could replace any steel joiners with n/s-but then that can open a whole can of worms trying to remove them from said EZ track).

I hope this helps.  :)
Keep Calm and Carry On

Flare

In case you don't know, David, black base E-Z track uses steel rails and the gray ones have nickel-silver rails.

Nickle-silver doesn't oxidize as quickly as steel and the corrosion on n/s is still somewhat conductive as opposed to plain old rust.

This is most likely why gray roadbed also comes in a greater variety of turnouts, curve radii and other goodies.