News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

spectrum cv values

Started by Vizzin72, December 28, 2016, 10:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vizzin72

does anyone know why spectrum engines don't have CV's 5 and 6 ?

Hunt

The installed decoder made by SoundTraxx using Bachmann specifications uses a 28 speed table with forward and revere trim adjustment.  It provides much better motor tuning than a 3 speed table.

Hunt

Quote from: Hunt on December 28, 2016, 10:47:48 PM
The installed decoder made by SoundTraxx using Bachmann specifications uses a 28 speed table with forward and revere reverse trim adjustment.  It provides much better motor tuning than a 3 speed table.

The above is applicable to HO DCC with sound equipped models. DCC without sound equipped HO models have a factory installed decoder made by Bachmann based on a Lenz design with the limitations of the Bachmann E-Z Command Control Center in mind.

Vizzin72

It's really hard to speed match. 

dutchbuilder

I mostly use Tsunami's in my 0n30 fleet.
A mayor shortcoming is the lack of CV5.
If I want to run in scale speeds i am always in the low range of my controller. under 10 o'clock

Ton

Vizzin72

thanks for the replies.  i guess everything has its limitations.  i bought some really nice but cheap drop in decoders to replace the factory decoders on my lower end bachmann engines and they work great with the new decoders but that particular decoder doesn't have forward trim only reverse.  so on one hand i have some with tsunami and they generally run well but do not have CV 5 and 6 and then on the other hand i have some modified engines that now run well because of the mods but they do not have trim so its like .... what engine should i use to match to .... the tsunami engine or my modified engines. 

I guess my consist is working ok but it was tough (i only matched them for slow speeds so far)

Next i have to match a shark nose with a NCE decoder to a shark nose with a standard factory bachmann decoder .... they never come with a cv list in the box which annoys me.

Vizzin72

Quote from: Hunt on December 29, 2016, 08:35:36 AM
Quote from: Hunt on December 28, 2016, 10:47:48 PM
The installed decoder made by SoundTraxx using Bachmann specifications uses a 28 speed table with forward and revere reverse trim adjustment.  It provides much better motor tuning than a 3 speed table.

The above is applicable to HO DCC with sound equipped models. DCC without sound equipped HO models have a factory installed decoder made by Bachmann based on a Lenz design with the limitations of the Bachmann E-Z Command Control Center in mind.

thank you for explaining this at least i understand how it works now.  it is kind of tough for what i am trying to do though.  i ended up setting the table to the linear option.

Vizzin72

Quote from: dutchbuilder on December 31, 2016, 08:22:13 AM
I mostly use Tsunami's in my 0n30 fleet.
A mayor shortcoming is the lack of CV5.
If I want to run in scale speeds i am always in the low range of my controller. under 10 o'clock

Ton

that's cool ... the only engine i have that is anywhere near being able to run at scale speed is my F7 diesel.  if all of my engines ran like that one i would be ecstatic.  it crawls like an ant on speed one real close to real life and then for every click it makes a small but noticeable jump in speed throughout the entire 28 steps

Vizzin72

dutch builder .... maybe if you use the exponential speed table like HUNT was saying you could be able to make larger changes on your controller while not having it speed way up .... if i am correct it seems like the exponential varies the speed in that manner while the logarithmic would make larger speed changes in the low end range of the control while having little change in the mid to high end kind of like what you would want for a switcher since it would be intended to only cruise around at like 4 or 5 miles per hour