News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-10-0 issue

Started by sedfred, December 31, 2016, 06:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sedfred

I recently bought a Bachmann spectrum 2-10-0 in the Erie scheme , it is the earlier black box version without sound. Aside from being EXTREMELY finicky on dirty track it runs like a dream but there is one issue, the wire from the tender to locomotive is uncomfortably low, it is almost dragging on the ties, is there any way to make it higher?

jbrock27

There a reason to leave the track dirty?
Keep Calm and Carry On

tiebreaker

I pushed the wires back a little in my tender and dabbed a spot of glue om them.

WoundedBear

Quote from: tiebreaker on December 31, 2016, 07:34:06 PM
I pushed the wires back a little in my tender and dabbed a spot of glue om them.

Not on a 2-10-0 you didn't. The female sockets are in the tender........the wires would have to be pushed back into the loco on this model. I would try twisting the wires to take up some slack, then replug them into the tender sockets.

Sid

rogertra

Trying to fix this problem on  one of my three, this one is a sound version, I accidently pulled a wire loose from inside the engine.

As the 2-10-0 is a pain to take apart, but still a really nice SPECTRUM model, you know, one of that nicely detailed range that seems to have gone the way of a Dodo replaced by mediocrity, it now sits in a roundhouse stall until my eyesight improve.

Happy New Year.

Roger T.

Trainman203

Boy I miss the 2-10-0 being available even though I have 5.  I could use 5 more.