News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

1:20.3 Forney and Clmax

Started by u3o8geo, January 15, 2017, 04:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

u3o8geo

Recognizing there are differences of scale between the Big Hauler and 1:20.3 locos, I have a question: Do either the Bachmann Forney or the Climax look out of proportion to the Big Hauler 4-6-0. At the same time I am running Big Hauler rolling stock with the 4-6-0. I understand this is a judgement call, but I would appreciate any opinions that might be offered.

Thanks for your thoughts!

TED

Kevin Strong

The 4-6-0 is a 1:22.5 model of a large engine, and the Climax and Forney both are 1:20.3 models of small locos. Visually they play well together (at least in my opinion.)

Later,

K

Loco Bill Canelos

HI,

I agree with Kevin, they look fine together, this is of course my own opinion.  The Climax and Forney look especially great with  the Bachmann mine cars and log cars in tow, but the only Big Hauler cars that seem out of place are the 3 bay hopper cars which to me at least seem to be too modern, and the eight wheel caboose which seems to be too large.  I have shortened the Eight wheel caboose into a two window caboose, and that seems to work well with the smaller loco's.

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!