News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

0n30 shay

Started by shamus, February 16, 2007, 02:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shamus

I need to buy a pair of brushes for my 0n30 shay, please can someone advise as to where I can purchace these.

Thank you

Shamus

David

I ended up buying a replacement motor from Bachmann parts for $10.00.
Regards,
David Silverton
Vernon Hills, IL
K8UOP

shamus

Well thats what I shall have to do, as I live in the UK, where would the best place be to buy a new motor.?

Thanks

Shamus

Rich R

Shamus,

Best bet would be to simply click on the link to parts and service at the top of this column. That will get you to the right general area where Bachmann Parts and Service information is provided, Could also get you to the cupboard under the stairs, Narnia, or similar, it will make little difference in the end.
Good thought would be to use the fax number. "They" don't seem to answer email, never pick up the toll free number blower and for the most part, depending on which day of the lunar month calendar it happens to be, generally refuse to respond.
That said you could also try asking those who are members of your forum if they happened to have a shay which had come to an untimely end. An Ex Shay, with a good stout heart nevertheless.
Best we can do here is one that’s missing a few screws and nobody pays that any mind at all.
Perhaps someone would be willing to give you the secret handshake as well as the “You pay for it yourself” number that does work but best would be to contact our own beloved Bach man himself. Use email! The costs of trans Atlantic phone calls are staggering just to listen to muzak on hold.  Try simply changing the heading of your post and pasting it into a new string.

Mostly harmless,  ;D
Rich R

Ken Schei

Rich, I'm afraid you're right. 

On Saturday, January 13, 2007, I returned my On30 shay to the Bachmann service department for servicing (it wouldn't run at all forward), in accordance with their written warranty instructions.  I have not received a response from them since, despite repeated email requests.  I can't even get a confirmation that they received it.  I hate to use this forum for such a negative topic, but I'm not sure what else to do.

Mr. Bach-man, can you help me?

Cheers, Ken

Frank

Shamus,

Write to;
Bachmann Ind. Europe Ltd
Moat Way
Barwell
Leicestershire
LE9 8EY[/color]
or phone, 08707519990 and ask for Bachmann servicing dept. You'll need a credit card, explain what you want, brushes aren't on the schematic that comes with the model but might be available.
I've bought odd parts from them. I suspect more expensive than America, I doubt you'd get a motor for the equivalent on $10, but they were extremely helpful.

Frank

Rich R

Hi Ken

I don’t mean to be casting asparagus ( or is that aspersions?)  on the Bach man at all. Some have had remarkably rapid repairs made on their wayward locomotives or what have you. Some however, have not. Best to face it with a sense of the absurd rather than beat yourself to death over it.
Eventually Bachmann will get the idea that customer satisfaction sells far more than another odd ball (name what ever it is you feel like here). ever will.
I'd say you should give it another few weeks if memeory serves. "bout six sounds right.
I see Frank has come to the rescue!

Cheers,
Rich R

David(UK)

Shamus,
I've PM'd you on AMR
David
Regards
David(UK)
Rail Baron of Leeds

shamus

Thank you kind people, I will give it all a try. 8)

Shame as the shay which is down is the one I scratchbuilt a new body for  :'( Still if a new motor comes my way, I will gladly pay the price for it. ;)

Shamus

the Bach-man

Dear Ken,
Call the 215 number Tuesday and ask for the service manager. She'll track your repair down.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Frank

Shamus,

Assuming you have to buy a new motor, don't dump the old one. See if you can drop out whatever is left of the brushes. Measure them, and ring Andrew Mullins at  Branchlines, you'll find an add in most Railway modellers. It is possible that he will have something that will fit.

THEN TELL ALL OF US, PLEASE

Frank

shamus

Thats a good idea Frank, I will do that next week.

If you don't hear from me, They don't fit...  :'(
Shamus

Ken Schei

I finally received a message from Service that they had received my shay on February 2, andthat there was a 6 week backlog from that date.  Thanks Mr. Bach-man for your help.

Cheers, Ken