News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Climax and Shay DCC to DC

Started by HOpopeye2, February 18, 2014, 10:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOpopeye2

If I purchase a DCC Climax or Shay, how tuff is it to convert back to DC? ANd if it is DC ready,
will it just run ion my DC?  Will the sound work if converted back to DC?

richg

Quote from: HOpopeye2 on February 18, 2014, 10:50:00 AM
If I purchase a DCC Climax or Shay, how tuff is it to convert back to DC? ANd if it is DC ready,
will it just run ion my DC?  Will the sound work if converted back to DC?

Is this HO or On30? There are different forums here.

A DCC ready is ready to run on DC. There is no decoder and the adapter is in place.

Its not too tough. Unplug the sound decoder and plug in the DC adapter. There will be no sound.

All Bachmann DCC equipped locos run on DC as well as DCC unless a previous owner disabled the DC option.

Rich

greeneri

my new HO 2 truck climax with DCC runs ok on DC but requires at least 12 volts to move. This high voltage will drive my other locos crazy; even my 2-8-0 with DCC . Is there any way to remove the DCC decoder without voiding the warranty?  My MRC 1370 power supply only goes to 15 volts.  The connections  appears to be soldered in.  Thanks

greeneri

there is no visible socket for the decoder in the diagram; but there is a 21 pin socket for the sound card. Atleast I assume those 21 pins are all for the sound card and cant be used to disable the DCC card?
I can cut the 8 connections on the DCC card and connect the left wheel pickup to the left motor line and same for the right 2 lines. will this result in a motor that responds better to 5 volts?
thanks

greeneri

I have started a new thread -- Convert HO climax from DCC to DC