News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

connie gears,curmudgeon

Started by petertoot, November 30, 2007, 02:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petertoot

hi guys,just a quick question,the connie drive gears,on the axle,are they replacable,do you buy an axle with gear,i think thats the best bet,or just buy a rolling chassis,less motor etc,the motor,gears with it appear fine..thanks again,peter...also on k27,my green boiler,black drg loco maybe here for xmas,i hope looks fantastic.....

Curmudgeon

Axle and gear are one piece.
ONLY source right now appears to be Bachmann Service, and we have had some issues.
You need to call them and sort out how to do this.
It seems often they want the loco returned (which costs YOU a bundle, and incurs damage) and sometimes are reluctant to sell you replacement parts.

The last may be because of Rule "A", which states, in part: "There are no parts".
We have researched replacement gears, and due to an odd tooth count and pitch, have come up empty-handed at this point.

lkydvl

similar situation with USA trains GP and 44 tonner gears.  While NWSL has replacements they are Godawful expensive!

Since these things are made in the PRC somewhere someone there is making these gears.  If we could only find out who...we could order a ton of them and fix and those stripped motor blocks and have the spares needed on hand.

Any takers for the task?...

Andre'

petertoot

this is problem,which i think ,from what i read on this and other sites,although not affecting hundreds of locos,is more inconvenint ;) ;)ive had gear probs as well with usa nw9 locos,but the dealer handed over 4 axles,for both motor blocks no problem!as i said,if i get the axle from bachmann,i will change it over,these locos are to good ,as once the g/box is checked loctite,it will be fine,and can keep its k27 mate happy,in mid december,it will be here!!!!thanks again for the help,repls,peter in auzzie..