News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E7-A Loco

Started by HoModeler, January 27, 2017, 08:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoModeler

Hi fellow model railroaders...

I was @ my HS yesterday I am thinking of picking up a Bachmann E7-A DCC with sound value package in PRR Tuscan paint scheme. It is a decent sized loco (in length) I was wondering what is the lowest radius turns this loco can handle. I plan on using the Loco for passenger service since I already have PRR Passenger cars & this loco fit's into the ERA & the PRR used the E7-A for passenger service.

How is the reliability on this loco as well

jonathan

HO Modeler,

The 2016 Catalog says the E units will handle 22" radius curves, which should be fine for passenger service.  Most passenger cars need 24" curves to operate well. I know some passenger cars will operate down to 22" depending on the model. 

I am considering the F units, since most did dual service duty in the 50s.

However, I have a love/hate thing going with early diesels.  They did signal the death knell for my beloved steam.  :)

Regards,

Jonathan

ACY

It is best to stick to 22" radius or greater. I don't have an E unit yet so I can't help you as far as how it runs.

HoModeler

Thank You for the comments.... I think I am going to buy the E-7-A PRR Loco my layout has bigger than 22" turns So I should be fine with this loco. My passenger cars have no issues so I don't think the E-7-A will have any problems on my layout I just wanted to make sure...

Thanks again