New livery and road name for a Billboard Reefer

Started by Great Western, November 30, 2007, 09:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Great Western

I purchased a Billboard Reefer (Kennebec Brewery) in the early stages of my acquiring rolling stock.

I realized soon afterwards that it was not strictly within the era I have with the rest of my Bachmann stock: it did after all have a late 20th. century date on it.  It was also rather highly colourful in its appearance compared with the tank cars, gondolas and other freight cars I have.

I rather liked the appearance of a new reefer being brought out by a 1:29 scale manufacturer, I believe another 1:29 manufacturer also has one, so whilst their product is based on a steel reefer mine is on a wooden one.  So the car is totally fictitious but so then is my railroad name.    ;D

I seem to have problems with posting pic here so I refer anyone interested to view my Picassa album for anyone wishing to see the finished article.  The design depicts the Rocky Mountains and is shown in the last three pics.

It has appeared on  the Aristo-Craft Forum and on the UK GScaleMad Forum

http://picasaweb.google.com/FSigs52/ONFRailroad
Best wishes,    Alan

Great Western

Many thanks for your comment Mark.

It certainly looks good with my "Annies" and a consist of similar ng Bachmann boxcars and reefers.
Best wishes,    Alan