News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

44957 On30 Sound Module

Started by atsfsd39, February 02, 2017, 02:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atsfsd39

Does anyone know the dimensions and current capacity of the 44957 16-bit SoundTraxx® Tsunami® 21 pin sound decoder for the Bachmann On30 2-6-0.
Here is the URL to that decoder.
http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=6461
cheers
Dave

Hunt

You should assume it will handle 1 amp and its required mobile decoder will automatically shutdown between 8 to 21 volts.

You did not state your plans for the 44957 so, an aside –
Not a sound decoder. The 44957 is sound only module that can be used only with SoundTraxx OEM Bachmann 21-pin mobile decoder.  This sound module does not follow the NMRA Standard 21-pin protocol and cannot be used with other brand 21-pin mobile decoder without damage.

Hunt

Correction in bold
Quote from: Hunt on February 03, 2017, 12:24:09 AM

You should assume it will handle 1 amp and its required mobile decoder will automatically shutdown between 18 to 21 volts.

atsfsd39

Thanks for the info, Hunt.
The plan is to replace the decoder with a TCS 21 pin WOW, hence the question about the dimensions (will the WOW fit it the place allocated to the Bachmann 44957, and the current draw (Bachmann doesn't state the loco current draw, but if the decoder is 1amp capacity, then the loco will only draw up to 1 amp).

All hat said, I have since identified (as you stated) that this is a sound module only and the loco comes with a motion decoder as well, that this module 'piggybacks'.

So I've decided to wait until the loco arrives and see what space is available and where and purchase the WOW after comparing - I'll probably select a a WOW I can hard wire.

Thanks for your responses.
Much appreciated
Dave