Bachmann Rheneas coming Early March

Started by TrainshockeylifE, February 05, 2017, 03:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DucktheGWREngine08

Quote from: douglas on August 04, 2017, 02:45:31 PM
This is really starting to get to me. I backordered Rheneas in September of last year, only to be told multiple times that he was on further backorder. Right now he's available for backorder at TrainWorld for $99, yet the item page says it is due to be in stock as of July 31.
ALL I WANT IS MY MODEL, BACHMANN. Please get Rheneas out there soon!

I emailed Bachmann about it, they said that they were hoping by Christmas this year.

trains4life

Found some new pics of Rheneas on twitter from @EmptyFreightCar.

Plow_Bender

Although I'm not collecting the Bachmann narrow gauge range (YET) I must say that after seeing these photos, I'm very excited for when Rheneas is finally released.  I thought Skarloey was good, but Rheneas looks even better in my opinion.  Kind of has me anxious to see what Rusty looks like when we finally get a photo of him.  Needless to say, I don't think he'll be a disappointment either.

All that being said, Rheneas (along with Skarloey and maybe Rusty) is definitely going on my Christmas list.  Hopefully in the upcoming months I can get around to getting materials and starting a HOn30 layout this winter.  Considering I'm selling off my 4x12 HO scale layout later this month, I'll have plenty more room and some extra cash to spend.

-Rusty
"If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it..."

Titanic5972

DucktheGWREngine08

Quote from: Plow Bender on August 05, 2017, 09:12:32 AM
Although I'm not collecting the Bachmann narrow gauge range (YET) I must say that after seeing these photos, I'm very excited for when Rheneas is finally released.  I thought Skarloey was good, but Rheneas looks even better in my opinion.  Kind of has me anxious to see what Rusty looks like when we finally get a photo of him.  Needless to say, I don't think he'll be a disappointment either.

All that being said, Rheneas (along with Skarloey and maybe Rusty) is definitely going on my Christmas list.  Hopefully in the upcoming months I can get around to getting materials and starting a HOn30 layout this winter.  Considering I'm selling off my 4x12 HO scale layout later this month, I'll have plenty more room and some extra cash to spend.

-Rusty

Rusty will more than likely come out next year, the pattern for the Bachmann Thmas narrow gauge is release around holiday time the year after they get announced.

Plow_Bender

Quote from: DucktheGWREngine08 on August 06, 2017, 07:54:16 AM
Rusty will more than likely come out next year, the pattern for the Bachmann Thmas narrow gauge is release around holiday time the year after they get announced.

Not sure that statement is entirely true.  Skarloey was announced in February 2015 (as is everything Bachmann announces) and Bachmann had him in stock just before Christmas that same year.  Rusty considering having a relatively easy tooling could be out by Christmas this year, but there might be a limited warehouse stock just like there was for Skarloey.  I guess truth be told, only time will tell.  Still got my fingers crossed as I'm sure many others do as well.

-Rusty

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Quote from: trains4life on August 05, 2017, 05:35:59 AM
Found some new pics of Rheneas on twitter from @EmptyFreightCar.

Hello yes I am griffin of @EmptyFreightCar...glad y'all enjoyed the pics. Sorry I forgot to post here :-P Just saw this.
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

grandpuff

Griffin thanks for sharing.

Rheneas looks totally amazing, even better than Skarloey in my opinion.

My supplier has now changed the arrival date from 7-31-17 to 8-31-17.

I certainly hope we do not have to wait until December as one poster mentioned.

Now that Bachmann will have both an 0-4-2 and an 0-4-0 chassis that should make producing future narrow gauge locos easier I would think.

Grandpuff
Grandpuff

mully

I am seriously blown away by the detail on this model. He and skarloey are certainly on the list of items to get. Wondering if he will be released before skarloey is back in stock or if he will be pushed till skarloey is back in stock. Judging by the photos he is ready for release. Does anyone know when skarloey is back in stock BTW?

Chaz

Rheneas was even on display at the narrow gauge convention, I am honestly surprised there is no updated photo of him at the web store, let alone not being out yet. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

grandpuff

Hello to All:

I just noticed that my 'world wide train store" has changed the expected date for Rheneas to 12-31-17.

Grandpuff
Grandpuff

Plow_Bender

Quote from: grandpuff on September 30, 2017, 03:14:31 PM
Hello to All:

I just noticed that my 'world wide train store" has changed the expected date for Rheneas to 12-31-17.

Grandpuff

As I've said before, I'd be happy (as I'm sure many others would be too) if we at least get Rheneas before Christmas just as we did with Skarloey.  Personally I have my doubts on Rheneas not being available till the end of the year, but I've got a bad feeling you're probably right Mr. Grandpuff.  I guess the positive side is that when Rheneas is released (whenever that may be), we at least know we'll be getting a nice model thanks to the photos Mr. Griffin provided.

-Rusty

grandpuff

Plow Bender:

Thanks for sharing your perspective regarding Rheneas arrival. You are absolutely right in stating that whenever he arrives Rheneas will be a very welcome addition to the Narrow Gauge line indeed. The photos that Griffin shared show how amazing this new engine will be when it arrives, thank you in advance Bachmann.

Grandpuff
Grandpuff

InsideTrack

Chaz

Fingers crossed the model will be out before Christmas.  As always he looks great.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.