Bachmann Rheneas coming Early March

Started by TrainshockeylifE, February 05, 2017, 03:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainFan97

Considering he was first seen back in February, they must be trying to get a HUGE supply of models, possibly in time for Christmas. Let's hope he does make it.

Also, fingers crossed Peter Sam gets announced for 2018. Rusty might be revealed at that time as well (mid February).
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Plow_Bender

Quote from: TrainFan97 on October 13, 2017, 03:44:16 PM
Considering he was first seen back in February, they must be trying to get a HUGE supply of models, possibly in time for Christmas. Let's hope he does make it.

Also, fingers crossed Peter Sam gets announced for 2018. Rusty might be revealed at that time as well (mid February).

I think Bachmann is trying to get a large supply built up in time for Christmas in efforts to avoid the shortage of stock that they had with Skarloey.  Personally I don't think even that's going to work, considering the narrow gauge range literally flies off the shelves.  Bottom line here is, don't hesitate to get the model when it becomes available.

As for Rusty, I'm saying mid February as well.  I did have hopes of seeing him in time for Christmas, but we haven't even got as much as an update from Bachmann about him, which leads me to believe we probably won't hear anything on the model till next year.  Possibly get an update on the model along with the 2018 announcements.

-Rusty
"If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it..."

DucktheGWREngine08

They have an official image of Rheneas on the store site now.

Captain Crutch

Quote from: DucktheGWREngine08 on October 26, 2017, 11:38:32 AM
They have an official image of Rheneas on the store site now.
The picture is right here: http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=5898

He looks as good as Skarloey in my opinion, I wonder how well he'll run. Only one way to find out I guess.
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!

sean1994rail

Chaz

Would be nice to know if this will be out in time for Christmas.  Would have been a lot happier seeing an update on this than the James model.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Quote from: Chaz on November 22, 2017, 01:37:15 PM
Would be nice to know if this will be out in time for Christmas.  Would have been a lot happier seeing an update on this than the James model.
I'm sure it will be before Christmas, Bachmann would never miss out on an opportunity to sell a model in such high demand around Christmastime when every consumer has their wallet out ready to spend...and I'm sure they didn't consciously choose to announce James over updating us about Rheneas. Patience is a virtue.
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Chaz

Quote from: Griffin on November 22, 2017, 04:23:17 PM
I'm sure they didn't consciously choose to announce James over updating us about Rheneas. Patience is a virtue.

Except that's not what I said in my post... -_-

I said that I would have been a lot happier over hearing about Rheneas, and something tells me I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Quote from: Chaz on November 22, 2017, 04:45:47 PM
Quote from: Griffin on November 22, 2017, 04:23:17 PM
I'm sure they didn't consciously choose to announce James over updating us about Rheneas. Patience is a virtue.

Except that's not what I said in my post... -_-

I said that I would have been a lot happier over hearing about Rheneas, and something tells me I'm not the only one who thinks this way.
All I meant was, they don't have control about which products are updated when. Therefore, what you or anyone might've preferred to see first wasn't what they could've shown.

I'm quite happy James is being updated. Might lead the way for more in the future.
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Angelob6660

I'm having a hard time for my excitement when the narrow gauge engines to come out and next year's releases.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

grandpuff

Just to let everyone know that I was just notified by "TW" that my Rheneas was shipped to me today.

Horray !!!
Grandpuff
Grandpuff

Anthony P2

Pre-ordered Rheneas months ago from Trainworld and I finally got a call today too saying he is now available and is being prepared to ship out!  :D

Chaz

Cheeky_ULP

There's a slight humor in Rheneas popping up on websites and shipping out before Bachmann themselves announce his release.

Plow_Bender

Considering family has been on me asking what in the hey I want for Christmas, I think I'll be putting Rheneas on my list along with the squirty gun and the YoYo. :D  In all seriousness though, I'm glad to see Rheneas shipping before Christmas.  Hopefully a new supply of Skarloey models is going to be shipping soon as well.

-Rusty
"If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it..."