News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Acella

Started by HoModeler, February 11, 2017, 09:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoModeler

I have an ACELLA set it came with 2 Locos 1 powered & 1 non-powered & the Locos are NOT the HHP Locos does anyone know the history on this set JUST pulled this car out of 1 of my train storage bins under my Layout.... I Remember I got This as an extra car I got from a Train Shop over 2 hours away that closed up I went there cause of the good deal's & it was the only car they had so I picked it up as an extra car BOX is a little damaged but the CAR is in perfect shape...

Len

The drawbars on the cars and locos can be replaced with knuckle couplers with NEM type shanks, such as the 78035 E-Z Mate II NEM Center Shank Med Coupler. Or the Kadee #18 Med, #19 Long, #20 Extra Long NEM shank couplers. Unless you have 48" radius, or larger, curves, the Kadee #17 Short NEM coupler will put the cars too close together. And I wouldn't really recommend the E-Z Mate or Kadee medium length couplers unless you have at least 24" radius curves.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

HoModeler

Thanks for the tip's & suggestions... The Acella Train Set run's nicely on my layout I did find I must use the outer track on my layout I have a 2 track main where I can run 2 trains different directions... I found out with the Acella on my inside track the passenger cars body's just swing out just a little too far on my turns & clip the other train's rolling stock causing a derailment. I tried to slow down the train's to in prove the distance but both trains would meet up again... So I switched the Acella to the outside track Problem Solved...  

The Draw Bar couplers on my Acella don't seem to be a issue since the Train will be coupled up most of the time I have a Tunnel siding track ( Just for storage it's a powered DEAD END Track section Good for about 20 extra rolling stock cars ) & that's pretty much where my Acella will be parked when not in use... I will be checking the Bachmann parts section for spare draw bars hopefully they are still available