News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Adding Sound

Started by davevid, December 01, 2007, 08:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davevid

I've had a Dash 8-40CW DCC BNSF #812 Deisel for a while now and recently accuired an F7 A & B with DCC & sound and it's awsome!  I want to add sound to my Dash 8-40.  Can anyone point me in the right direction as to which module to buy?  Any plug and play modules?

r.cprmier

Go on line to Tony's Trains (www.tonystrains.com). 

Rich
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Dr EMD

MRC just came out with this (MSRP $35.00)

"Add Powerful Diesel Sounds to Your HO DCC Sound Equipped Locomotive

The new Sounder is a sound-only decoder and speaker that’s easily added to any HO locomotive equipped with a standard, non-sound decoder or any piece of rolling stock equipped with wheel pickups. Imagine how easier it would be to add sound to any train without the hassle of cramming a sound decoder and speaker in your locomotive. The Sounder adds all 28 NMRA accessory sound function capability to HO diesel locomotive, regardless of the make, or brand of decoder installed. The railroader simply hooks up two wires to the track power pickup points in the loco, and suddenly he can enjoy MRC’s rich, Brillianceâ,,¢ sound including two types of EMD 2nd generation prime mover sounds, multiple horns & bells, brakes, air releases, pop valves, cooling fans, coupling sounds and more. And not just sound. Using simple soldering techniques, the Sounder can provide a full complement of locomotive lighting effects: Prime Stratolight; Mars; Ditch; Gyro; Strobe (single & double); and on/off function for internal lighting.

This 17mm marvel comes with a 28mm speaker and baffle to enhance the full & powerfully vibrant range, performance and functionality only available from MRC.

* Use with any HO diesel non-sound decoder from MRC or any other brand
    * Full 28 NMRA function capability
    * Use with any NMRA compatible DCC system to add sound “on the rails” or “below the rails”
    * Simple 2-wire hookup
    * Superb Brilliance sound quality with multiple sounds and volume selectability
    * Capable of providing six dynamic lighting effects
    * 18V maximum input"

Electro-Motive Historical Research
(Never employed by EMD at any time)